1. installed missing o ring in oil pump (1 reports)
2004 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Odyssey:

2004 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 252012

Odyssey ?

Fortunately I was not driving with my grandchildren on a winding narrow road meeting a logging truck, as we often do but was a block away from the Honda dealership. This vehicle is garage kept and maintained to the hilt. We had replaced the timing belt at my question what I needed to do to keep this unit trouble free and shortly after that had a $529.00 service at 75000km.

The dealer advised me to get in contact with Honda Canada to recoup my $1091.78 expenditure as they felt it was their problem as it never had this O ring and they communicated that with Honda Canada.

A person by the name of George was checking with the dealer and would call me back, which never happened. I wrote a letter to the dealer and a copy to Honda Canada with very good service from my dealer. They offered to replace the ignition switch free of charge as this is a recall item on this unit and wanted me to be their happiest customer, they succeeded big time. As for Honda Canada, they didn't reply on my first letter and my second letter produced a message on my answering machine, indicating that they stood by "George's" decision, whatever that was. He never called me back.

I'm determined more than ever to recoup the $1091,78, my mission in 2013.

- , Courtenay, BC, Canada