CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2007 Honda Odyssey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 282016

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. After the vehicle was operated, the vehicle stability assist (vsa) indicator illuminated continuously. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle failed to stop completely. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but a diagnosis was unable to be provided. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was unaware if the vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 10V098000 (service brakes, air). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,849. Updated 11/17/16

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 012016

Odyssey

Brake peddle has excessive travel almost touches the flood when applying brakes

- Applegate, MI, USA

May 042016

Low soft brake peddle

- Richmond, MO, USA

Mar 082016

Odyssey

When I am driving my van at about 65 and above and when I hit the brake the steering wheel starts to vibrate very badly. This does not happen I am driving at less than 60 mph. Every time this happens, I feel like I might crash into other vehicles or run off the road due to the vehicle becoming very unstable. I have taken the vehicle to the dealership several times but they test drive it and say that there is no issues.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Odyssey

Soft low brake peddle unsafe to drive

- Richmond, MO, USA

Sep 152014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced for an unknown recall, the check engine and ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V504000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The failure mileage was 114,256.

- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA

Sep 082014

Odyssey 6-cyl

When going fast speeds 50mph + and then braking the vehicle shakes as if your going to flip and lose control. I can stop at a slow pace and it still shakes controllably. The rotors are warped so bad and shouldnt be doing this. This is very unsafe..

- Collbran, CO, USA

Jun 122012

Odyssey

When the incident first occurred the vibrating was not as severe. Now when I am going at over 50mph and I start braking, the car's steering wheel starts shaking violently. I did some research and found that the rotors are warped prematurely. Many other owners of the same car have the issue. I am afraid of getting into a car accident because of the steering wheel shaking so violently while I am driving. Its a very big safety concern for me and I wish that Honda recalls these cars for this problem.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

A day after and going forward from purchasing my 2007 Honda Odyssey ex-L soft brake, pedal going all the way to ground before stopping when driving 5 to 55 mph. Martin main line Honda service representative said this is normal. I disagree. I am concern with my safety and others who will be in the van with me.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 302014

Odyssey

This has to do with the recent recall regarding the master brake cylinder. The car was recently taken into the local Honda dealer. Ever since this recall was completed, I've felt (and sometime heard) a slight "buzz" when first touching the brake pedal. The "buzz" is a vibration, which is felt in the first few seconds after application and immediately disappears if braking is held, or released. It may again appear if the pedal is depressed, but not always. Braking feels normal with no other events. It has not gotten worse or disappeared. Please call for further questions or comments. Thank you.

- Naples, FL, USA

May 142014

Odyssey 6-cyl

The brakes suddenly hardened and would not engage while going downhill. This problem was first noticed in. I took the vehicle to woodland hills keyes Honda and learned that the brake power booster was defective. This same vehicle was the subject of a recall of the master cylinder. Based on Honda's recommendations, the power brake booster is to be replaced if there is any leak. It is my position, that the master cylinder upon determining that it was leaking as implicit in the recall required that the power brake booster be replaced. Had this been replaced there would not have been a failure to the power brake booster.

- Malibu, CA, USA

Apr 192014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Was driving on highway about 20 miles from home. I got up to about 45 miles, the vehicle brakes on its own slowing down the vehicle. It lasted about two seconds and it happened 4 times on the way home in a 5 minute time period.. then the rest of the way home everything was ok and the vehicle did not brake on its own.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Apr 012014

Odyssey

Owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 mph, the entire instrument panel warning indicators remained illuminated. The transmission began to slip gears with slight hesitation & stopped in the middle lane with no power (no lights, no beeps nothing new better was installed on 11/13). After 30 min. Jump started & on the way home the failure recurred. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of this problem on 4/1/14 at 12am est. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000. Also the warning for this problem is the security system going of randomly for no reason (like doors locking or closing horn going off).

- Denton, MN, USA

Mar 292014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I was driving slowly (<10 mph) and entered into a rotary within a mall complex. I noticed the car in front of me stopped to yield another car entering the rotary. I put my foot on the brake and my vehicle slowed down. As I put more pressure on the brake to stop the car as it's getting closer the car in front of me, my vehicle started accelerate suddenly. I quickly moved my foot further left to make sure it was completely on the brake pedal and stepped harder, the engine ran even faster and it hit the car in the front and stopped. I looked at the area of the brake and gas pedals and everything was clear and separate. Fortunately the speed of the car was slow, no one got injured. The front bumper of my car and the rear bumper of the other car dented.

- Natick, MA, USA

Mar 172014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Soft brake pedal had to pump to get good brakes an avoid a collision.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Feb 282014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the brakes failed. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 10V504000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The contact had the brakes repaired by an authorized dealer however, the failure recurred. The contact was also included in a second recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 10V098000 (service brakes, air) and was awaiting parts from the authorized dealer. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,000.

- Tucker, GA, USA

Feb 242014

Odyssey

TL- the contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated while driving approximately 30 mph the brakes became inoperable. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road in order for the contact to inspect the failure. The vehicle was able to be driven home without the failure recurring. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The mechanic could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 062014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Brakes feel spongy and require excessive pressure to stop. Had brakes bled and fluid flushed. Initially the brakes felt better but within a few days, they began to feel spongy again.

- Dongola, IL, USA

Jan 102014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, the brakes applied independently. The contact stated that once he depressed the accelerator pedal, the vehicle began to drive properly but made a grinding notice. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and they stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V500000 (electrical system ) but he would have to wait until spring 2014 for parts to become available. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Jul 292011

Odyssey 6-cyl

On the above I was rear ended in two vehicle accident because my Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped. I informed the officer, but the other was charged with the accident. (at fault).

- Ladson, SC, USA