1. had to be replaced (31 reports)
  2. rebuild of torque converter and transmission (11 reports)
  4. replace transmission (8 reports)
  5. install factory rebuilt transmission (2 reports)
  6. replace 3rd & 4th gear solenoids on tranny (1 reports)
2003 Honda Pilot transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 122008

My transmission failed in my Honda,there was a recall on transmissions but Honda stated they fixed the problem, obviously not or else i wouldn't need a new transmission.. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WILL NEVER PURCHASED ANOTHER HONDA AGAIN!!!

- , Stockton, CA, USA

May 242006

Pilot LX

The car was no longer under warranty so we didn't take it to the dealer --we didn't expect to have to replace the entire transmission either. Once we found out that was the case, we called Honda. Because we didn't take it to them, they all but refuse to do anything about it. I have found a wealth of information online regarding the Honda transmission problem -- everyone seems to know about it except Honda. I have always held them in such high regard, but they have totally let me down on this one.

- , Canton, GA, USA