CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.

Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.

2005 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Pilot:

2005 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jul 052007

Pilot

While stopped at an intersection, an infiniti G35 impacted my vehicle in the rear at 35 to 40 mph. Both front seatbacks in my 2005 Honda Pilot ex collapsed in the crash resulting in sprains/strains to my and the front passenger's back and neck. My doctor also commented that the head restraints are too short for my height (6 ft.).

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA