Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.

Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.

2005 Honda Pilot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Pilot:

2005 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 052016

Tire pressure monitoring sensor on and off taken to dealer once so far Pilot only has 68,000 miles

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 152015

While driving on the road at speeds betweeb 35-40 miles per hour the car begins to shudder intermitently. Also when driving between speeds of 75 to 80 miles per hour the same shudding occurs. I first thought may be it was the tires, but I purchased the vehicle with 85000miles on it with brand new tires. After several occurrences I took it back to the dealer for service. The service dept informed that it was the torque converter needed to be replaced and my 30 warranty had expired. After researching this I found out this problem exist with many Pilot owners but no recall was done.

- Scotch Plains, NJ, USA

Nov 232012

Pilot 6-cyl

Driving along a two lane highway on a 20 degree morning and coasting around a gently curving corner to the right at 45 mph when an unexpected jarring and pulling to the left occurred coupled with a loss of speed and the vsa letters and a triangle indicator lights lit on the dash board.. needless to say this got my attention and luckily nothing was coming from the other direction. I had not touched the brake pedal until after the initial problem occurred and when I saw the lights and went along maybe 200 to 300 yds it did it again which got me very worried. I pulled over and turned the engine off and tried to reset the car but to no joy so I drove the remainder of my commute to work with the very same lights left on. The remainder of my drive was fine but not sure if I am safe driving with this anomaly and especially the sudden self braking, when will it happen next?

- Barrington, IL, USA

Jul 022012

Vehicle pulls to the left and wheels shimmy on freeway. Purchased 4 new tires with front and back alignment, plus tire balancing on 08-01-12. Vehicle still pulls to the left and wheels shimmy when driving on freeway.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 222009

Simultaneous failure of left and right front wheel bearings at 90K miles. Damage could lead to catastrophic bearing failure and loss of vehicle control. Vehicle is in the SE United States with excellent roads and weather. Bilateral failure is not based on any regional conditions or driving conditions (no towing/no trails or offroad) but can only be a result of faulty initial parts. All work done by dealership in past. Awaiting response from Honda corporate concerning this issue-no resolution to date.

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Jun 112005

Since we purchased our new Pilot, we have experienced a continued steering wheel vibration at approximately 69 mph through 80 mph. Several attempts to repair the vibration have failed. The service manager said that Honda is aware of the condition but is unable to find a solution. Taking this vehicle on a trip is out of the question. We will trade this vehicle in on a different make as soon as we have enough equity to break even.

- Panama City , FL, USA

Jul 132005

Pilot 6-cyl

2005 Honda Pilot ex-L was purchased on 7-13-2005 it now has 1210 miles on it. A vibration has occured similiar to out of balance wheels and tires at around 70 mph. Dealer has balanced wheels, sent vehicle out to another tire company for rotation and spin balance. Nothing has cured the vibration. The dealer is helpful, but apparently cannot solve my problem. We feel this is an accident waiting to happen. We also understand this is not an uncommon problem, that Honda refuses to address.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA