- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 2 days ago
- November 21: Remington Walden Crash: Chrysler Will Pay $40 Million news | 12 days ago
- November 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos recalls | 14 days ago
- November 14: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokees and Dodge Vipers recalls | 19 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Disc: Rotor Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 28,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: