- September 10: Jeep 9-Speed Transmission Problems Land in Court news | 7 days ago
- September 7: Chrysler Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Says CVTs Defective news | 10 days ago
- August 28: Jeep Wrangler Recall Issued After Fuel Leak Fires recalls | 20 days ago
Door Handle Broken
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 35 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- there needs to be a recall (21 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- replace door handles (7 reports)
accessories - interior problem