- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 5 days ago
- February 5: FCA Fights Ram and Jeep Emissions 'Defeat Device' Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- February 4: Ram and Jeep Diesel Emissions Recall Forthcoming news | 15 days ago
- January 26: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks For Fuel Lines recalls | 24 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- dashboard and headlights blinking5
- wiring harness issue2
- defective tipm1
- engine stalls while driving1
- not starting1
- NHTSA: Electrical System603
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition10
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch10
- NHTSA: Communications: Back Up Alarm3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.