- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 6 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 8 days ago
- October 11: Consumer Groups Take Aim at CarMax Over Recalled Cars news | 8 days ago
- October 2: Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Second Time recalls | 17 days ago
- September 24: Jeep Wrangler Radiator Sludge Lawsuit Says Sand Causes Damage news | 25 days ago
Sunroof Drain Tubes Leak
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,125 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- blow out the drain tubes (3 reports)
windows / windshield problem