- February 4: Jeep Clutch Pressure Plates Causing Fires recalls | 23 days ago
- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 45 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 75 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 76 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
2006 Jeep Commander Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Sunroof Drain Tubes Leak9
- Automatic Window Regulator Faulty3
- Sunroof Water Leak2
- Condensation Inside Windows1
- Windshield Cracks Easily1
- Windshield Leaks1
- Windshield Leaks Air1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield23
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls7
- NHTSA: Visibility6
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer: Motor1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.