CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.

It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.

Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.

8.0

2006 Jeep Commander windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Commander:

2006 Jeep Commander Owner Comments

Sep 302015

Commander Limited 4.7L

click to see larger images

sunroof water leak sunroof water leak sunroof water leak sunroof water leak sunroof water leak sunroof water leak

This has been a huge pain...there is mold and mildew in my jeep commander! It leaks every time it rains!! I would have never bought this vehicle had I known it did this. This is my only real complaint with this car, but it's a huge one!! I will never be able to re-sell this vehicle because of this problem! I am stuck with this waterlogged, moldy mildew filled piece of crap. We can't leave things in the floor board, because it will get ruined. The radio screen has been replaced 2 times, and now I just don't deal with it because the water has ruined it again! Huge waste of my money and a hazard to my wife who drives it with my 3 year old son, and 1 year old daughter!!!!

- Andrew F., Elberta, US