- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 12 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 23 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 30 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.