- October 3: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Recalled recalls | 20 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 23 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 23 days ago
- September 21: Jeep Wrangler Frame Problems Lead to Investigation investigations | 32 days ago
- September 19: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Seat Belts Not Retracting investigations | 34 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.