- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 5 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 29 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 29 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.