- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 5 days ago
- February 5: FCA Fights Ram and Jeep Emissions 'Defeat Device' Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- February 4: Ram and Jeep Diesel Emissions Recall Forthcoming news | 15 days ago
- January 26: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks For Fuel Lines recalls | 24 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.