- September 16: Jeep Cherokee 9-Speed Transmission Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- August 30: ROXOR vs. Jeep? Mahindra Says Comparisons Shouldn't Be Made news | 21 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 28 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
- August 13: Mahindra ROXOR Is NOT a Jeep, Says Chrysler in Federal Complaint news | 38 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.