- October 15: Chrysler Recalls 917,000 Vehicles With Bad Alternators and Faulty Mirrors
- October 14: Jeep Liberty Window Regulator Lawsuit Says Chrysler Sold Bad Parts
- October 14: Chrysler Recalls 184,000 Dodge and Jeep SUVs to Fix Restraint Modules
- September 25: Chrysler Recalls 349,000 Vehicles For Ignition Switch Defect
- September 21: Chrysler Recalls SUVs For TIPM Defects That Cause Engine Stall
2006 Jeep Commander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems44NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 334
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 36
- AC / heater problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 148
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 41
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 199
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 73
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 50
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 103
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 35
- steering problemsNHTSA: 26
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 10
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.