- April 27: Chrysler Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Still Alive news | 1 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 4 days ago
- April 17: Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler Valve Stems Focus of Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- April 9: Chrysler Wins Jeep Gas Tank Lawsuit Dismissal news | 19 days ago
- April 1: Owner Says 2007 Jeep Patriot Stalls After Filling Gas Tank investigations | 27 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems52NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems37NHTSA complaints: 470
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 38
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 631
- seat belts / air bags problems9NHTSA complaints: 90
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 184
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 74
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 50
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 92
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 177
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 56
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 62
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 17
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.