- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- February 2: Jeep Cherokees Recalled After Airbags Deploy Without a Crash
- January 16: Jeep Grand Cherokee Fires Under Federal Investigation
2006 Jeep Commander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems48NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 193
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 31
- AC / heater problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 71
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.