- January 15: EPA Targets Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions news | 7 days ago
- December 25: NHTSA to Tackle Cybersecurity and Talking Cars news | 28 days ago
- December 23: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot SUVs recalls | 30 days ago
- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 52 days ago
- November 21: Remington Walden Crash: Chrysler Will Pay $40 Million news | 62 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems51NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems37NHTSA complaints: 470
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 38
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 631
- seat belts / air bags problems8NHTSA complaints: 90
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 184
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 74
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 50
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 92
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 177
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 56
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 62
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 57
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 17
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.