- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 1 days ago
- December 24: Chrysler Recalls 570,000 SUVs To Fix Fire Dangers recalls | 47 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Cherokee Recalled Again For Power Liftgate Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- December 8: Jeep Wrangler Airbag Clockspring Investigation Upgraded investigations | 63 days ago
- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing investigations | 74 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
Worst 2006 Commander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems50NHTSA complaints: 31
- engine problems35NHTSA complaints: 417
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 36
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 167
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 66
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 443
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 74
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 79
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 152
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 46
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 46
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 52
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 54
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 13
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.