- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 3 days ago
- October 6: Recalled: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Fiat 500 recalls | 16 days ago
- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 22 days ago
- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 27 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 4 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 18,090 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.