Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.

From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.

By 2012 complaints dropped back down by about 80%. Needless to say, if you see a used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a lot just keep walking.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jul 222013

Grand Cherokee

Went to start my Jeep after it sat for a few hours and noticed extended cranking. It did fire up and I drove 65 miles to the gym. Same extended cranking issue when I got out the gym an hour later, but eventually, started and I made it home. Did this one more time few days later and the first Monday in August it wouldn't start when I went to leave for work in the morning. Took my wife's vehicle O work and she tried it a few hours later and it fired right up. Brought to local shop to have them look at it since they can service my extended warranty. After a few days there I was notified that it was he tipm and the part we on order, but was on national back order from Jeep and I was number 141 in line waiting for one. As of today, 9/3/14, still no part and still no estimated delivery of said tipm. I have not been able to drive the Jeep since then because it is unreliable transportation and my job requires me to travel up to 300 miles per day. Have now made two payments on a vehicle I can't use.

- River Ridge, LA, USA