- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 1 days ago
- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 6 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 16 days ago
- September 8: Jeep Cherokee Recalled to Fix Loose Seats recalls | 23 days ago
- September 6: Chrysler Sued In Death of Jeep Patriot Driver news | 25 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 24,166 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)