- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 14 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 26 days ago
- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 34 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 36 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 24,166 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)