- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
- July 22: Chrysler Recalls 792,000 Jeeps For Ignition Switch Problems
- July 19: Chrysler Lawsuit Filed After Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire
- July 17: Jeep Trailer Hitch "Fix" Will Take 2 Years to Complete
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 10,258 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)