- October 15: Chrysler Recalls 917,000 Vehicles With Bad Alternators and Faulty Mirrors
- October 14: Jeep Liberty Window Regulator Lawsuit Says Chrysler Sold Bad Parts
- October 14: Chrysler Recalls 184,000 Dodge and Jeep SUVs to Fix Restraint Modules
- September 25: Chrysler Recalls 349,000 Vehicles For Ignition Switch Defect
- September 21: Chrysler Recalls SUVs For TIPM Defects That Cause Engine Stall
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 10,258 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)