- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 5: Jeep Renegade Recalled To Keep Hackers Away
- August 31: Over 206,000 Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Windshield Wiper Problems
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Roll Away Dangers Investigated
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 17,499 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)