- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing
- November 3: 'Connected' Cars Can Be Tracked For $500 Or Less
- October 31: Jeep Cherokee Recalled After Engine Fires
- October 29: Chrysler Recalls 560,000 SUVs For Airbag and Stability Problems
- October 27: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokee and Ram 1500
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 17,499 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)