- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 4 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 8 days ago
- August 7: ZF North America Recalls 505,000 Transmission Sensors recalls | 18 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 19 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 22 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 24,166 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)