- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 6 days ago
- December 24: Chrysler Recalls 570,000 SUVs To Fix Fire Dangers recalls | 52 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Cherokee Recalled Again For Power Liftgate Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- December 8: Jeep Wrangler Airbag Clockspring Investigation Upgraded investigations | 68 days ago
- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing investigations | 79 days ago
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 22,187 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)