- January 16: Jeep Grand Cherokee Fires Under Federal Investigation
- December 16: Jeep Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler
- December 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans and SUVs To Repair Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- November 16: Chrysler TIPM Lawsuit Alleges Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Vehicles Stall
- November 15: Remi Walden Wrongful Death Lawsuit Targets Chrysler
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 10,258 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)