- April 15: Jeep Owners Still Wait for Trailer-Hitch Fix
- April 3: Chrysler Recalls 867,000 SUVs for Brake Pedal Problems
- March 13: Feds Close Jeep Liberty Door Fires Investigation
- March 10: Chrysler Recalls 45,000 Vehicles to Update Software
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 24: Government Approves 'Sham' Jeep Trailer Hitch Recall
Check Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 10,258 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace cylinder head (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- the dealer updated and reprogrammed pcm (1 reports)