Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 112015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving at 65 mph, the front passenger side visor behind the headliner caught fire. The contact stated that the passenger side column, the visor, and the headliner with various wires had to be ripped off to stop the fire. The contact extinguished the fire. The contact was injured, but medical attention was not required. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Oct 102014

Grand Cherokee

Around Sep of this year Chrysler notified me of two recalls on my Jeep Grand Cherokee; P36 / NHTSA 14V-391 (sun visor wiring) and P14 / NHTSA 14V-154 (brake booster corrosion).. when I contacted the local dealer they told me to wait until Oct as the manufacturer didn't have parts available. I contacted the dealer, planet Jeep in flagstaff, AZ on 10 Oct and was told Chrysler was rationing parts and that they would place me on a list. I've been in that virtual queue waiting on parts since 10 ocvt 2014 and every time I call the dealer I'm still on the list. I contacted Chrysler to complain about the poor service as I've been waiting for parts to fix safety problems for going on three months. I've been through several recalls over the past 40-years and have never experienced an excessive delay like this. It is actually easier to get my Mercedes Benz repaired and the nearest dealer is a 2 hour drive from hear. Chrysler has demonstrated a lack of concern and no sense of urgency to correct two safety issues with my vehicle. Their advise to me was to continue contacting my dealer to ensure I'm still on the waiting list.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA