- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 5: Jeep Renegade Recalled To Keep Hackers Away
- August 31: Over 206,000 Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Windshield Wiper Problems
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Roll Away Dangers Investigated
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Grand Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Grand Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerks when shifting36
- shifting problems14
- transmission failure12
- hesitation when pulling into intersection4
- shifting roughly4
- vehicle shifting into reverse while in park4
- hard shift points from first to second and second to third2
- transmission slipping2
- transmission slips between gears2
- no reverse1
- transmission stopped working1
- vibrates on acceleration1
- whines and rumbles1
- will not shift into 7th or 8th gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.