2011 Kia Sorento body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Sorento:

2011 Kia Sorento Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

May 152016

I have had several issues with the doors. It started with my front drivers door and now it is the back passenger door. You cannot open the door from the outside and you have to take the door apart to fix it. However, I can't open my back door at all because my child safety lock is on, so I cannot open it from the inside like I do with my drivers door. I am unable to get my kids in or out of the car, without having to put them all in through one door and over car seats. I am not the only one who has had this problem. Several people have. Here is the link to the complaints if there was ever and emergency I would not be able to get my children out in a timely manner.

- Easley, SC, USA

May 172016

The exterior door handle on driver's door stopped working. The vehicle can only be opened from the inside.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Apr 182016

The driver's side outside door handle broke. The door will not open from the outside. The vehicle was stationary, parked in a parking lot

- Cols, OH, USA

May 112016

Door latch from outside of drivers door decided to stop working. A reasonable person would understand this to be a safety issue. Kia does not. They keep extra parts on hand to complete this expensive repair. Apparently, it happens often. This is not proper or just. Others having this problem.

- Portland, MI, USA

Mar 152016

Front passenger door will not open from the outside

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

May 122016

Front driver side outside door handle does not open the door when unlocked with either key or remote. Door operates from the inside and not outside. Door was working earlier same day and showed no signs of wear or break before outside door handle stopped working.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 132016

Driver door inoperable from the outside. Parked in driveway over night - no warning of any imminent failure.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Apr 272016

"door locked from outside" on April 27, 2016 I noticed that on my lr passenger door on my Sorento that I was unable to open the door from the outside. After review many complaints I understand this is an ongoing problem with the Sorentos, specifically the 2011 year. I feel this is most definately a safty concern for the passengers in my vehicle. I will be taking this truck to the Kia dealership today to get an estimate on repair. What is it going to take to address this problem a death "!?!" please step up to the plate and take responsibilty for this fault.

- Greensboro, MD, USA

May 122016

The drivers side door will not open from the outside when the door is unlocked. It will only open from the inside. There is no visible damage to the door. The car has not been in a wreck. This is poor craftsmanship and a safety hazard.

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

May 012016

Doors will not open from the outside, poses a safety hazard if child is in car will not be able open the door. Meaning a hot car and a baby in the car seat. For a Kia Sorento 2011, however, it's been reported through multiple forums about this defect Kia charges the customers who are outside of their warranty.

- Fort Rucker, AL, USA

Apr 182016

My drivers side door will not open from the outside. I was doing some research regarding this matter and noticed several and I mean several Kia Sorento vehicles with the exact same issue. I believe this should be recalled. I am finding Kia Sorento from 2010 to 2016 with this exact problem. I truly believe this could be a serious problem. What if my grandbaby got into the vehicle and these doors would not open from the outside? they would suffocate due to the heat in the vehicle. That is what would happen. So, yes this is definitely a safety issue.

- Semmes, AL, USA

Apr 252016

Front driver door will not open from the outside. Wife had an emergency and was unable to open door. She ended up jumping through the passenger door. Door was working fine prior to sudden onset of the problem. The structure of the door shows no signs of being tampered with. Looked online and saw many other complaints regarding the actuator.

- Skokie, IL, USA

Apr 072016

Back drivers side door not working. First could not open it from the outside but only from inside. Thought the child safety lock had become engaged and moved the latch - then could not open door from outside or inside. Car has 91,000 miles on it but since it was purchased used, dealer states no warranty and that it will cost $622 to fix. Inability to open door is a huge safety issue, particularly in the event of an accident. Several other instances of this happening with 2011 Kia sorrento have been documented online, particularly at

- Apex, NC, USA

Apr 282016

Driver side door only opens from inside. Saw many complaints about this on web when will they recall?

- Phila, PA, USA

Apr 162016

Driver inside door handle made a "popping sound" when driving looked at door when at light and handle was sticking out (away from the door like something broke)? difficult to open the door from the inside

- Orange, CA, USA

Mar 072015

I filed a complaint about three exterior door handles not working on my 2011 Kia Sorento on 4/29/2015. Complaint number 10713499. As of today still no recalls. I have seen thousands of complaints and nothing from Kia to repair. My wife spoke to kis service rep and was told he had many calls about exterior handles not working from 2011 - 2016 models of Sorentos. Kia needs to do something. If any accident or emergency help wont be able to get into vehicle without breaking glass and causing more harm. Us Kia Sorento owners need some help to get Kia Corp. To send out a recall to repair issue.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Apr 152016

I have a 2011 Kia Sorento in which the front passenger door does not open from the outside, only the interior door handle manages to open the door. I replaced the driver's door last year. It appears that this is a safety hazard if the vehicle is in a crash and the driver or occupants are incapacitated. The door would not be able to be opened from the outside by someone assisting, god forbid that the vehicle was on fire. Numerous complaints have been filed by consumers regarding this issue

- Kankakee, IL, USA

Mar 012016

Driver's side rear door handle will not engage door actuator. Door only opens from inside. Cannot use child locks, as the door can only be opened from the inside. Vehicle is just outside of warranty, and Kia will not repair without charge. Part is defective, and there are numerous online complaints on this issue (including previously repaired vehicles).

- Columbia, MD, USA

Sep 172015

The rear drivers side door will not open from the outside. It would open from the inside but recently stopped working altogether. I have seen several complaints about this issue from buyers. This is a safety concern. I have 2 children in car seats and connor get to them quickly because if this defect! I have had to pay to get it repaired but I have seen many buyers having to replace all 4 door latches over time! this has to be considered a defect and should be covered under a recall.

- Westland, MI, USA

Apr 012016

Two weeks ago, while my car was parked (stationary), I tried to open my rear driver side door and it would not open from the outside, today the same happened to my driver side. After googling the problem, I found a website with many other people with the same problem, with the same year, make and model. I also found over 500 complaints with the same problem on this page. I called the Kia recall number and the rep. Told me that there is nothing they can do because this is not a safety issue, therefore it's not a recall issue!!! it is a safety issue because if there was an accident, they would not be able to get me and/or passengers without having to break in through a window or jaws of life. I was told to take the car into the dealership and have the problem diagnosed by them. This is not a problem, but I know (from all other complaints) that I will be told that it's not covered and I will be responsible for the repairs. I will also have to pay to have them diagnose the problem. The car is no longer under warranty. I don't understand why this is not being investigated with this many people having the exact same problem, it is a malfunction in the production of the car and Kia should be responsible for fixing this problem. I am posting this as legal documentation to prove that I have made you aware of the problem in the event of an accident that could jeopardize my safety.

- Hiram, GA, USA