CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2007 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA3:

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 092016

MAZDA3

Any time I proceed to make a turn, my wheel stiffens. Every light in my dashboard lights up. My radio cuts off and car stalls. This is very dangerous. There is a recall for this exact problem with this exact model of car but my VIN is not covered.

- Arcola, TX, USA

Mar 012016

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving 40 mph, the power steering warning light illuminated and the steering wheel became extremely difficult to maneuver. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and refused to provide any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 137,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 212016

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving 40 mph, the steering wheel began to seize while steering in the opposite direction. The power steering light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 166,000.

- Poughquag, NY, USA

Dec 222015

MAZDA3

The contact owned a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving 45 mph, the steering wheel veered to the left and recovered. Without warning, the failure recurred and caused the driver to crash into a cement barrier with enough force for the vehicle to ricochet into a guardrail on the opposite side of the road. The air bags deployed. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but no investigations were initiated. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Nov 112015

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving 5 mph, the power steering failed on the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 51,000.

- Round Lake, IL, USA

Nov 012015

MAZDA3

Sudden loss of power steering while driving. Power gets lost, comes back, gets lost and so on about every second.

- Stamford, CT, USA

Oct 262015

MAZDA3

While driving, I slowed down and when turning, my wheel locked up and I had no control over my turn. My ABS light flashed, along with the traction light. The radio turned off and then came back on. The wheel unlocked and luckily I was not turning where someone was stopped.

- Troy, IL, USA

Sep 052015

MAZDA3

Power steering completely failed for unknown reason. Mazda has a recall out for power steering pumps for other Mazda 3S but my car VIN is not in the range of vins with the faulty pump. All my electrical such as battery, alternator, eletrical cables and fuse are in good condition. I've flushed the power steering and still nothing. I could not get hold of anyone tech savy who could understand what my problem was at Mazda.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

May 272015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving approximately 5 mph and making a left turn, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and the power steering warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The failure mileage was 90,081. Updated 7/21/15

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

May 072015

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. the contact stated that while driving 15 mph, there was a loss of power steering. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was confirmed the power steering pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- Riverside, RI, USA

Feb 032014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

For nearly a year now my car has been experiencing loss of power steering while I am driving. I am aware of the 2007 Mazda 3 power steering recall and have taken my car to a local Mazda dealership on multiple occasions to report the issue. They have informed me that my car's VIN is not included in the recall. When I took it to the dealership to have it diagnosed, they were unable to replicate the problem. It happens every couple of days while driving and I have to pull off the road slowly and come to a full stop before the light goes off and just hope that it doesn't do it again. I have been unable to drive my car on the interstate or for long distances for fear of putting my family at risk. Although my car's VIN is not included in the recall, why is there not an exception to this rule? it is doing the exact same thing described within the recall and I have notified the dealership on multiple occasions with no solution from them.

- Clover, SC, USA

Mar 012009

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda3. While driving at an unknown speed, a loud rattling noise emitted from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the rear stabilizer control link and ball joint fractured. The rear stabilizer brushing ring and the control link were replaced. In addition, the contact stated that the steering wheel locked while attempting to turn left. The contact was able to complete the turn but the vehicle stalled in the middle of the intersection. The contact restarted the engine and the vehicle resumed normal operation. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The steering failure was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Malden, MA, USA

Sep 172014

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while turning out of a parking lot, the steering wheel seized. The contact was required to use excessive force to turn the steering wheel. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V374000 (steering). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Antelope , CA, USA

Aug 132014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

As I slowed down to turn a corner, the power steering light came on the dash, the car lost power. A few days later the same thing happened but the car stalled. So far this has happen 6 times. The dealer told me my car is not under the recall notice.

- Montebello, CA, USA

Aug 202010

MAZDA3

Vehicle was traveling along on 30 mph road with 'stop' sign ahead. As vehicle slowed down to about 15 mph, transmission started to shake, several warning lights came on and off, including oil and power steering, RPM fell very close to 0 (zero) and car died. Vehicle was able to stop at the 'stop' sign. Even though the vehicle was still on, any pressure on the gas pedal did not provide power or input to the transmission, now in 1st gear, to move the car. Car needed to be completely turned off and then turned on before it could move again. This issue has been ongoing for 4 years regardless of speed. The car has also decided to stop providing power while in motion while in moving traffic or on the highway, which could have resulted in multiple car crashes or worse. Mazda refuses to acknowledge that anything is wrong with the car since they "cannot replicate the problem". this issue is sporadic and occurs regardless of speed (usually around 30 mpg or less), weather, distance traveled, amount of time car has been in consistent use, etc. Mazda has even hooked this car up to their computer system and no error code has been found. This issue has been extensively documented with our local Mazda dealer and paperwork is available for review. This car has been a true lemon since we bought it. It only has roughly 55K miles on it.

- Middle Village, NY, USA

Sep 302013

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. the contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the power steering assist failed without warning. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road. The vehicle did restart. This failure had occurred seven times over a period of seven months. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who could not duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included any recalls. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Feb 272014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I was driver my mazda3I when suddenly in became hard for me to steer my car and it just cut off. I call the deal in brought in my car where informed me it was the power steering and I contact Mazda because of the safety recall and they told me I wasn't eligible for the fix.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Jan 092014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While driving on the highway, I experienced a sudden loss of power steering. I felt a sudden jerk in the vehicle and got scared. I saw the power steering light on, as well as a couple of other lights which I do not recall. There was no power steering for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, power steering spontaneously came back and I pulled to the side of the road and turned off the car. After restarting the car, I have not experienced the issue again yet, but it has only been a couple of hours.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 052013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Driving and lost power steering indicator light went on, ABS, light came on lost power on radio and dash, called dealer and found no recalls, called Mazda they said VIN does not show recalls. This is a major safety concern and Mazda should fix this as well as others.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Jul 302013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I was making a turn and my vehicle had suddenly become very difficult to steer. Happened twice that day and when I parked, my vehicle shut off. I took it in to get it checked and was informed there was a safety recall for power steering issues on Mazda 3 2007-2009. I called Mazda customer service and was informed my vehicle VIN did not fall under the recall and that they would not repair my vehicle unless it was at my own expense. Mazda only recalls specific vehicles and not all.

- Seal Beach, CA, USA