2010 Mazda MAZDA3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 272014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Entered the vehicle to go to work. Sat down in the driver's seat, immediately heard a pop and the seat became unsteady (wobbly). After work I looked at the bottom of the seat and saw that a weld broke loose from a bar that stabilizes the seat. It is very disconcerting to the driver while operating the vehicle and may contribute to the possibility of future crashes. The safety of the seat during a crash scenario is compromised.

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jan 072014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Driver seat is loose and moves during braking or turning a corner. This can make it hard to control the vehicle. If this would break loose during a crash how would this effect air bag operation.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Aug 012012

MAZDA3

As I was driving I felt an unease movement of the driver's seat. Suddenly it started a kind of a "rocking chair" movement. Then it felt like something snapped and broke. I move my self forward to keep control of the car and stopped. As soon as I raised my body from the seat I completetly fell backwards. As I looked under the seat there was a piece of metal covered with a clean type of grease or lubricant of about 4" long laying under my seat.

- Barceloneta, PR, USA

Jul 112013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Noticed movement/loose drivers seat, took to dealer, said basic warranty had expired, but mileage low so Mazda may cover. Mazda covering part, but not labor. The seat is loose, bracket is cracked that holds seat. Is this a safety issue that should be covered under the safety warranty?

- Foster City, CA, USA

Apr 152013

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda 3I. The contact stated that the driver's side seat would independently move back and forth when the contact was driving at any speed. The contact stated that the seat became separated from the base due to defective welding. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 81,160.

- Cicero , NY, USA

Mar 282013

MAZDA3

Driver side seat appeared to have bad welding on the slider and it snapped. Mazda has denied fixing the faulty seat, citing the warranty being expired.

- Vista, CA, USA

Apr 262012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While coming off a turn at 35 mph and braking slightly, there was pop noise and the drivers side seat began to rock back and forth. Once I had an opportunity to check the seat it had appeared that the welding of the seat had snapped and there was a piece of metal that was once part of the track that had snapped clean off. There was not an accident or hard braking. However, this seems to be a defect in the workmanship of the track that the seat sits on or how it is attached.

- King Of Prussia , PA, USA

Mar 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While driving my Mazda3, came to a stop, upon accelerating my seat began to rock slightly, about a week or so later, came to a stop and upon accelerating my whole seat rocked backwards, to the point I could no longer reach the pedals. Took the car into the dealership and was told the welds that attach the seat to the seat track had broken. The seat is no longer stable and safe to drive. Several calls into Mazda, but getting no where because the car is out of warranty. Obviously the welds connecting the seat to the seat track, and the subsequent breaking of those welds is a manufacturing defect that causes huge safety risks for all drivers of Mazda3S. It is unknown where/when the welds will break.

- East Syracuse, NY, USA

Mar 212013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While accelerating from a stop sign I hit a small pot hole and suddenly my seat flew back. The seat broke completely free from the mounting brackets at the two from mounting points. Upon inspection the welds on the mounting bracket snapped clean off. Due to the sudden reclining motion my neck was extremely sore from the sudden and abrupt rearward reclining motion this caused. If this were to happen on the highway to a person who is shorter then myself, loss of the control of the vehicle is very possible. Once I was able to reach my destination I notified Mazda who claims they have never heard of such a problem. Upon further searching the internet I found many other Mazda 3 owners are having the very same issues. I purchased the car brand new in July of 2009 and it has been maintained. I have not had any other issues with the vehicle.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Mar 152013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The vehicle involved is a 2010 Mazda Mazda3. I sat in the front drivers seat and felt the drivers seat shift backwards. From that point on the seat was unsteady and rocked forward and backward depending on which I was doing, accelerating or breaking. Upon examination, it was found that the weld on the seat bracket had broken. In my opinion, this is a very unusual break and could be very hazardous if it happens upon braking. This issue happened on 03/15/13.

- New Fairfield, CT, USA

Nov 082012

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that the driver's side plastic height adjuster for the seat broke, causing the seat to move whenever the contact completed a turn. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the height adjuster needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 47,000.

- Haltom City , TX, USA

May 182012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

From the start my drivers seat was loose. I have taken it to the dealer and each time the problem was not solved, the replaced the track assembly, tightened things up and after a few hundred miles the problem returned. On the day of my accident, I was stopped at light and was the car behind me. A different car smashed through the car behind me causing that vehicle to hit me from behind and forcing me into the car in front of me. No air bags deployed and no one was hurt. After the incident, I got back into my car and the seat rocked as if it was a rocking chair. Driving the car home, the seat rocked to every bump in the road. I have reason to believe if I was impacted with higher force the seat would have came loose from the base.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Apr 022012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I was driving along and felt the drivers seat shift backwards. From that point on the seat was unsteady and moved forward and backward depending on which I was doing, accelerating or breaking. Upon examination, it was found that the weld on the seat bracket had broken. In my opinion, this is a very unusual break and could be very hazardous if it happens upon braking.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 052012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Drivers side seat broke at welded attachment point to adjuster rail

- Decatur, AL, USA

Jul 012011

MAZDA3

Power driver seat rocks forward and backward during acceleration and sudden braking. Approx. 1/2" play. The movement is very noticeable and disconcerting. I fear that I may lose control of the vehicle. Dealer insists condition is normal.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Oct 242011

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda3. The contact heard a squeaking noise coming from the seat when he would sit. The dealer informed the contact that the weld was fractured on the seat pan. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact was awaiting repairs to the vehicle. The current and the failure mileage was 19,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Renton, WA, USA

Dec 132010

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The front driver's seat support bracket has broken at the weld and it results in the front seat not being stable. It rocks back and forth with acceleration and braking. The entire seat is not stable.

- Rockland, ME, USA

Mar 102011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I own a 2010 Mazda3. A few weeks ago while driving my front seat made a popping sound and began rocking back and forth causing me to lose control of the car momentarily. I took it into the Mazda dealership in alexandria Virginia (browns Mazda on route 1) and asked them to look at it. They determined that welding on my seat bottom had come undone and needed to be replaced. My car's warranty is for 3 years/36 thousand miles and at the time of the incident my car had 45 thousand miles. Mazda declined to fix the seat and stated that I am responsible for the repairs. My contention is that the drivers seat is a safety issue and if involved in a collision the seat may dislodge and cause me more bodily injury than if the seat were properly anchored. I have contacted Mazda's customer care line and also E-mailed them and on both occasions they have immediately dismissed my claim stating that my vehicle is out of warranty and the repairs are my responsibility. The drivers seat of a vehicle is an integral part of the safety in the car and due to a manufacturer error my seat is now loose and unsafe to drive.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 302009

MAZDA3

Driver seat feels loose and rocks back and forth while I am driving vehicle. I am concerned seat will not hold up in accident. Sat in similar car at dealer with same problem.

- La Mesa, CA, USA