2011 Mazda MAZDA3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA3:

2011 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Feb 182016

My 2011 Mazda 3 driver seat has come off track while I was on the highway. I went to slide my seat back and the seat popped off the track, luckily I caught myself. Mazda dealership said they wouldnt cover it. Now, 3 weeks after my warranty ended, my passenger airbag sensor has lit up, on the dash and above the radio. Mazda said it was my sensor under my seat but still had to charge $105 dollar fee to find the problem"?" the airbag sensor came on one morning on my way to work. Nobody was in the car except me.

- Ludlow, MA, USA

Feb 102016

The drivers seat will sometimes come out of its track, and not lock in securely. When the seat is locked, it seems to be ok, but if I should move the seat forward to accommodate for a rear passenger its like the seat will not sit squarely in the track, and it will either sink, or elevate at one corner and slide forwards or backwards. Its dangerous if I were to hit my brakes, the seat would move forward inadvertently causing me to slam on my brakes. Also, there appears to be an air bag indicator light that will flash on my dashboard. This seems occur at random times, the red light will flash indicating some sort of error with the airbag. I'm not sure if its a loose connection, or an actual problem with the air bag. When I alerted the dealer they told me I was out of warranty, and they would not do anything for either of these issues. I mentioned that these were most likely safety issues, not like I wanted free tires or a new water pump or battery or something. Just address what could be a hazardous condition with my vehicle.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Feb 042016

While driving my 2011 Mazda 3 grand touring hatchback I heard a loud snapping sound. Upon hearing that sound. I practically wound up in the back seat. It appears that either a weld broke or a bolt snapped somewhere at the bottom in the back of the seat on the right. I almost lost complete control of my car. Luckily I still had a firm hand grip on the wheel to pull myself up. This could have been an extremely dangerous situation. The manufacturer should have a recall on this problem immediately before someone gets killed.

- Port Jefferson Station, NY, USA

Aug 222012

Driver seat gets really hot and burns your back. Have to turn off after 10 mins. Even on lowest setting. Keeps getting too hot.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Aug 112012

The contact owns a 2011 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that another vehicle crashed into his from the rear. The contact stated that the driver's seat moved backward abnormally. The contact sustained injuries as a result. The vehicle was not destroyed. A police report was filed. The dealer was contacted and stated that the seat track would likely need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Norwood, MA, USA