2011 Mazda MAZDA3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA3:

2011 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jun 012016

The dashboard is separating at the top of the info screen.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Jul 132016

The dashboard is detaching or coming apart from the information center

- Hapeville, GA, USA

Apr 012016

Dashboard is separating above radio/info screen.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Apr 132012

I left the lights on and this drained the battery. I had my jumper cables in the spare-wheel compartment. There was no way to open the hatch (fifty door) from the inside, or any other way. Seems like the only way that the back door opens is electronically. This is a flaw in testing and design, this needs addressed for safety reasons, numerous to mention. Suggestion: Have a manual latch to open the back door (hatch) from the inside in the event electrical power is lost.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Oct 132011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I stopped at a stop sign and my car started accelerating as if the accelerator was fully depressed. My foot was squarely on the brake at the time but I was being pulled slowly forward on to a busy roadway. I am an experienced driver and was able to turn the car sharply to the right along the shoulder to avoid oncoming traffic. I shifted into park, and then shut the engine off. My foot placement was no where near the accelerator, and there were no other obstructions (I.e. carpets). When I restarted the car the engine sounded normal. As an engineer, I am fairly certain that what ever happened was electronic in nature, not a mechanical obstruction or sticking linkage (I did not touch the gas pedal when I restarted). Prior to this incident I had been driving slow though a business park at 10 to 15 miles and hour for a couple of minutes, I was at a doctor appointment. I have not seen this issue before or since. Mazda has examined the car and did not see anything. I like the car, but I thought it was important to get this potentially dangerous flaw on record.

- Jamison, PA, USA