2011 Mazda MAZDA3 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA3:

2011 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

May 202016

MAZDA3

Airbag not inflate at the accident but inflated after 2 nf injuries. Persons hurt by steering wheel.

- Alta Loma, CA, USA

Nov 062012

MAZDA3

Oem yokohama avid envigor, first set of tires lasted 20,000 miles. Second set lasted 20,000 miles. The middle of the tire keeps the tread very nice, it's the sidewalls that go completely bald. Very dangerous in the snow and wet roads. First I took sts tires (yokohama auth.) dealer to court for lying about tires being still good. Then took yokohama to court....... don't waste your time doing this..... yokohama is paying someone off and getting away with murder. Literally the judge didn't even look at the evidence. Got screwed big time. Someone let me know when yokonumbnuts finally gets nailed for selling crap and getting away with it?

- Pine Brook, NJ, USA

May 142013

MAZDA3

I am writing to inform you of a known rear camber issue on the rear suspension of the Mazda 3. the rear wheels on Mazda 3 tilt inward at the top. Rear camber alignment matched to "factory specifications" does not correct the issue, and tilt is still present - causing uneven tire wear. Mazda recommends rotating the tires to avoid uneven wear, but this does not correct the tilt. Rotating the tires according to Mazda's recommendation with rear worn tires being placed on the front causes road noise issues. I just purchased my vehicle and was told, "this is how the Mazda3 was built to assist in road handling." The rear cambers of the vehicle are non-adjustable. If they were adjustable from the factory, Mazda could resolve this issue. I am upset because I will have to purchase tires much more frequently now that what is considered standard - on vehicles that are able to be adjusted so that the camber is at 0. this is a known issue, and Mazda is aware of it, but will not take responsibility to correct the problem. After researching this issue, I discovered hundreds of other Mazda customers dealing with the exact same issue.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Mar 162011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I went on a trip and had my tires rotated and no brake work had been done to my car. The dealer that rotated tires mechanic called me to look at my car and showed me that my brakes were wearing unevenly. The one on the right side had about 10mm of brake pad on it and the left side had only about 3mm of brake pad left. The mechanic instructed me to take my car back to where I bought it and have them check it out because this type of break wearing is not normal. I took it to Mazda they checked it out and stated they could not find anything wrong and that there were no other problems with this year model so hence why I am reporting my problem. Hopefully no one else has this problem with their car. Because I had a wonderful experience buying my Mazda and simply love my car. But nothing that is made in bulk in a factory is perfect and sometimes their are glitches and that is what recalls are for and warranties right that is what we pay so much money for buying brand new cars. Peace of mind!

- Covington , GA, USA

Sep 152011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Clunking noise from rear of vehicle when going over bumps or rough road. Dealer found that the sway bar link nut in the left rear was loose and tightened it. Previously filed complaint 10411790 for same problem on right rear. Online Mazda forums indicate this is a common problem.

- West Point, UT, USA