2011 Nissan Juke engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Juke:

2011 Nissan Juke Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 182013

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph the vehicle stalled. The contact had the vehicle towed to dealer. After diagnostic testing, the dealer stated that the timing chain was fractured and caused the engine to malfunction. The dealer stated the entire engine needed to be replaced. The contact did not have the engine replaced. The failure mileage was 71,000.

- Tomball , TX, USA

Oct 182013

Juke 4-cyl

On Friday, October 18th my daughter was driving my 2011 Nissan Juke started declining in speed, which left her stranded on the side of the road. My car was towed to a collision repair shop thinking the issue had to do with a previous accident. Collision repair shop puts it on a diagnostic machine and let me know that there were two recalls currently on my car, which could possibly be the reason for my car stalling. Had my car towed to a Nissan dealership to find out that the timing chain broke. Waiting on dealership to contact to let me know the extent of repairs needed and cost. They've offered to get me into another car, but I wouldn't get much for my current car and would be upside down on my car note.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Jul 182013

The engine died without any warning in the middle of the highway. It was later determined that the timing chain broke without any warning. The vehicle was serviced on a regular basis. However, it appears that this may be something typical of Nissan vehicles. I was very fortunate that I was not in heavy traffic and was able to glide the vehicle to the side of the road. The vehicle was then towed to the nearest dealer, where they confirmed the engine was no longer functioning. I am submitting this complaint to warn others and also determine how many other complaints you have received regarding this vehicle. This should not happen to a well maintained and serviced vehicle with only 68,000 miles after only two years and 3 months of driving (highway miles).

- Ogdensburg, NJ, USA

Aug 202013

Drive at 30-35 mph when my 2011 Nissan Juke stalled in the middle of the road. Had to pull over and immediately had to have car towed to dealership. Was told by the dealer the next day that the engine needed to be replaced due to the timing belt. My car has been in the shop for nearly 3 weeks and my car still is not fixed even with the engine being replaced in my car. My car only has 40,000 miles on it.

- Olivette, MO, USA

Jun 112013

Juke 4-cyl

My car has engine failure at 2 years old and 72K miles. I initially took my car to Nissan at the fate and mileage listed above for a rattle in the engine area. Was told it needed a new drive belt and tensioner. This was a misdiagnosis. The rattle gets worse, drive performance declines, rake the car back to Nissan on 8/27. Compression test reveals two cylinders at or below minimum specifications. I was told that I need a new engine. My own research has reveals several consumer complaints about the timing chain in the 2011 Juke. Many folks all over the internet are reporting that at approximately the same mileage as me, their car starts to rattle and when they take it in, they are told they need a new engine. Most point to the timing chain. My service guy was reluctant to blame the timing chain and would say only that "sludge" was probably the culprit. It isn't. I really hope this issue is being monitored. It seems many people are hoping for a recall soon.

- Bainbridge, GA, USA

Jul 172012

Juke 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. While driving approximately 55 mph, the engine power began to reduce significantly with the illumination of the engine warning indicator. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road and then towed to an authorized dealer. The mass air flow sensor was cleaned and the air filter was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 5,700. Updated 08/28/12 the dealer cleaned the mass air floss sensor and replaced the air filter. Updated 09/13/12

- Pennellville, NY, USA