2013 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Dec 282013

Sentra 4-cyl

I only had my car for about 10 months. I keep my car updated with the maintenance. I drove to las vegas, Nevada Friday afternoon. My car was running great I get to las vegas Nevada I here this loud grinding crinkly noise coming from my engine or transmission. I take it to planet Nissan in las vegas Nevada. They took forever to even take me as a customer. Then they come out and say you are not eligible for a rental and your transmission went out. They proceeded to tell me that I will be responsible for the car as far as picking it up when its fixed. This is the worst experience I had with cars. This is the third time something bad happens to this car and its supposed to be brand new. I bought it with 32 miles on it. Mind you all this was on a trip I took to vegas with my family. My two year old son was drained from this experience having to spend 6 hours at planet Nissan. They even try selling me a another new Sentra.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Jun 172013

Sentra 4-cyl

I purchased the vehicle in April. Two months later I realized that when in drive when I set my foot on the brake I would hear a grinding noise in the back of the car. When I would put it in reverse the noise would not occur. It was always when I would hit the breaks until the car came to a complete stop. It would not make the noise when I hit the breaks suddenly. When I called Nissan and brought it in for them I was told that it was a fluid problem. After 2 weeks the noise began again, now it has stopped and goes on and off. Also I have noticed that the indicator for the passenger air bag will be off at times when there is an adult sitting in the seat. This also happens on and off. I have had it though, where the indicator has come on saying the air bag is off for 3 days in a row, having someone sitting in it. The third problem is that the windshield wiper fluid does not spray correctly. It pools at the bottom of the windshield and so it does not clean it correctly. Finally the last problem is that I have noticed when I fill up the gas tank the amount of miles I get are different every time. I have a particular routine everyday and every weekend. At times it seems I have more gas than when I have filled it up before. When I have used the eco button at times, it seems that once in a while it will work the way it is supposed too. Most of the time it seems that the car just guzzles gas more than usual.

- Millsboro, DE, USA

Dec 082013

Sentra

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact was driving approximately 20 mph and crashed into a deer. The contact stated that the brakes were applied but did not respond. The vehicle sustained body damage as a result of the crash. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not taken for inspection of the braking failure or repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 21,000.

- West Leechburg , PA, USA

Aug 152013

Sentra

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the brakes seized and caused the contact to crash into the rear of another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was towed to a collision repair shop where the technician diagnosed that the entire front end of the vehicle would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 900.

- West Leachburg, PA, USA

Nov 222013

Sentra

Notices a creaking noise from passenger side rear brake at slow speed approx 3 weeks ago, intermittent. Was driving on Friday 11/22 and heard a loud thump, checked car and didn't see anything. Driving about 1/2 hour later, head a loud thump and felt the car jerk. Stopped, visual check of car tuned up nothing. Continued to drive and then right rear brake started to squeak, which turned into a loud grinding noise. Got the car to local Nissan dealership, and upon inspection said that the rear brakes had failed and needed new drums and pads! 11K miles on drum rear brakes should not result in failure. Covered under warranty, but nervous to drive thr car now.

- Massapequa, NY, USA

Nov 162013

Sentra

I took my car in for the third time about the rear brakes. At first there was a grinding noise. I was told something had gotten loose and that it was fixed. It wasn't, I took back a second time, I was told that they had to put some more lube on it. Well that worked for a little bit. Now I can't back up without the brakes squeaking like crazy, the grinding is back and now when I turn the wheel you hear a clunking noise. Also the brake pads are already worn.... on an 8 month old car! I have emailed Nissan about this and waiting for a reply. I am filing a report to the attorney general and Nissan. If this is not fixed I plan to use this lemon law. I have all the noise recorded on video and kept all the records of when the car went in. The brakes wearing out this fast is ridiculous on a new car! if the brakes fail, I could get into an accident and then it's my fault. Oh and as for the squeaking of the brakes, "it's a case by case issue." Which mean it could take at least a month before it is repaired. But the dealership assured me that no other damage will be done.... then why are things getting worse!

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Aug 202013

Sentra

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the contact notice a loud grinding sound when applying the brakes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the brake drums needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 4,800.

- Potsvam, NY, USA

May 292013

Sentra

1st incident with our new 2013 Nissan Sentra occurred @ 247 mi., in our possession less than 1 week, going 50mph (2 children in car with me), car just shut off. Dealer reset computer system. It has been down hill since, I took it in today for the 5th time since it was purchased 3.5 months ago (it now has 3700mi). Repeated issues with RPM's running high anywhere between 2,000 & 4,000 or at an all most stop will flutter down to 0 like it's going to stall. Crackling/rattling noises from the driverside dashboard. Now also coming from the A-pillar (?). issues with speakers (static/crackling noises) had the same break and airbag light issues. There is now growling noises coming from front, car seems to "buck" around 2-4K RPM's. oh yeah my driver door handle is now falling apart. Did I cover all the problems I have had with a $20+ brand new car"??? I think so, but then again we haven't owned it all that long! I did open a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs when it was in on it's 3rd visit, I was denied a repurchase, but rest assured a Nissan certified repair shop will fix any problems. Waiting on dealership to decide if they can do anything"! next step attorney!!!!!

- Grantville, PA, USA

Apr 262013

Sentra

I took my car to the dealership on 4/26/13 upon hearing a rubbing noise in the back when brakes are applied at 20 mph & lower speeds. First time dealership couldn't "heat" or find a problem. Brought it back in on 5/10/13 for same problem. Shop fireman verified noise. Determined it was a rear wheel bearing. Brought the car back to the service department on 6/4/13 for same problem. Nissan said rear brakes needed more lube. Problem continued after. On 9/6/13 took car back to dealership service department for same problems. Nissan is now saying rear wheel cylinders should be replaced but that it is not a safety issue. Waiting on parts to come in to fix problem.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Jul 052013

Sentra

Bought car May 2013. In July 2013 heard noise when braking. Took to Nissan dealer service dept. Told it was the rear wheel cylinder. Said they needed to order the parts. Awaiting call.

- Baltmore, MD, USA

Jul 312013

Sentra 4-cyl

I leased a 2013 Nissan Sentra from Nissan 46, NJ in March, 2013 and from July, I kept hearing a loud grinding noise from rear part of the car every time I pressed down on the brake pedal.

- Ridgewood, NJ, USA

Sentra

Grinding noise from rear brakes when stopping from slow speeds, I was told it was a part that can rust when sitting for a short period of time but would stop. Problem still exist. Going to take car in for another inspection 8/20 hoping for better results.

- Holland, MI, USA

Aug 242012

Sentra

Since 6/15/2013 rear passenger side drum brakes making abnormal noise. Finally Nissan(hudson Nissan) replaced part no. 44100-3sg0A cylinder rear on 7/11/2013. Almost one month Nissan did not repair and ask me to drive. On 7/24/13 during the driving, brake was extremely loose and press pad all the way to the flower to stop the vehicle @ 4224(mil). Nissan called and no abnormality found. No root cause found, no corrective action results re-occurrence and this is not safe to drive.

- North Charleston, SC, USA

Sentra

I purchased the vehicle from buena park Nissan at the end of may and in mid-June/ early July I kept hearing a loud grinding noise every time I pressed down on the brake pedal. On July 15th I took the vehicle to the Nissan dealership for an oil change and mentioned the noise to the representative. I was told that a part had been ordered and I would be contacted when it arrived. I have still not been contacted by the dealership. Recently I experience the car move even though I have the brake petal firmly pressed down.

- La Mirada, CA, USA

Jul 192013

Sentra 4-cyl

I was driving back from el cajon, ca on the 52 when I was going down the hill I was hearing this loud grinding crackling noise from the rear brakes. The noise still to this day is getting louder and louder. I took my car to the Nissan services to check it out. They had a mechanic drive with me to here the noise. When we were driving he said there was no noise. So the service adviser came to me tell me there's nothing they can do if the noise was not confirmed by the mechanic. So I call my boyfriend and tell him to explain the noise we've been hearing. They do another test drive and the mechanic confirms that there's noise in the rear brakes. I asked for a rental car. The adviser just said there's no way Nissan's gonna pay for a rental because I feel unsafe. I mentioned to him that I don't feel safe driving the car because I basically go everywhere with my son in my car. He said he will order parts and get in contact with me when they come in.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sentra

Update on what herb gordon Nissan found on the brake issue - the first time they were instructed to lube the brake cylinders as per a service bulletin. The noise was gone for a few days but started to occur again. The second time they changed the brake cylinders all together which has seemed to fix the grinding/crackling noise. The ac stopped working and was blowing hot air - they had to replace the entire ac compressor. So many issues in less than 5000 miles of driving.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 082013

Sentra

Driving as usual and applied the brakes approaching a red light and heard a loud grinding noise. It's a brand new car and had approximately 1,000 miles at that point in time. I had it looked at by the dealer and he has parts on order and I will return to have it fixed. I hope this is the end of this issue. However, I am greatly disappointed and stressed out by this event. I bought a Nissan based upon their reputation and recommendations from friends. I think this is my first, last and only Nissan ever. I had a 12 year old Toyota Camry that was more reliable than this. I hope an investigation into the brake issue is undertaken and quickly since it could turn into a dangerous and unfortunate situation for many.

- Tuckahoe, NY, USA

May 032013

Sentra 4-cyl

Funny, I have had my 2013 Sentra to falhaber Nissan 6 times for this same brake issue, air bag (there was a recall on it), and the A-pillar on the driver side keeps coming loose. To date I still have the grinding noise and brake issue along with the A-pillar coming loose which the air bag is located behind. I have been told it was in my trunk, my license plate vibrating and even stated to me they don't know what the problem is. I bought a brand new car, why lie to me? fix the problem or return my money is how I feel. My safety and others with me is too important. I have also experienced the decrease in acceleration thankfully, not while in traffic. I thought that was the cvt transmission. Ben from falhaber stated to me a couple times along with others from Nissan Consumer Affairs that no one else has reported this. Again, another lie after reading all these posts. I have filed for the lemon law refund.

- Erlanger, KY, USA

Sentra

Rear driver side brake as I am driving and apply brakes you can hear like a horrible sound like grinding noise you also can hear it if the car is at park and you go up and down on brake pedal I was at teddy's Nissan dealer for first oil change told advisor he tells me to bring it back on Monday morning that they only do oil changes on saturdays so I will be going Monday morning so they can repair the problem will get back and let all knows how the do.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jun 132013

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle owner notice that large abnormal cracking noise from passenger side rear right drum brake. Brought to Nissan dealer and they repair according to service bulletin reference no.:ntb13-031 issued on March 27,2013 classification br-13-002 however recurred on 6/26/13 same large abnormal cracking noise from read passenger side drum brakecorrective action: Applied a small amount of brake fluid to the bore of the rear brake wheel cylinders. However recurred on 6/26/13 same large abnormal cracking noise from read passenger side drum brake and brought in Nissan dealer on 6/29/13. Vehicle still at dealer as of 7/1/13.

- North Charleston, SC, USA