7.0

1997 Toyota Camry transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Camry:

1997 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Sep 212016

Camry CE 2.2L I4

I initially had a blank odometer reading and it affected my transmission from shifting but whenever it comes on it shifts normal. I then had the instrument cluster changed but still same and this time it didn't shift at all. Been to different technicians and still not resolved; can anyone please tell me how to have this problem resolved because it's really depressing.

- , Lagos, Nigeria

Jan 012010

Camry XLE V6

The car started having transmission issues. I had a leak last year that was fixed (it caused transmission to start slipping). Recently, I've noticed that my car has trouble accelerating and decelerating between the first and second gears: it hesitates to accelerate and it doesn't feel as smooth as it used to. I have a 6 cylinder engine and it started feeling like a low grade 4 cylinder engine. The car also takes longer than previously to shift between rear and drive gears (just feels like it became slower). Any inexpensive suggestions on correcting the problem?

- , Columbia, MD, USA