1999 Toyota Camry exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Toyota Camry:

1999 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Sep 152003

Camry LE

Every time I go up a hill at a minimum of 40 MPH I smell a rotten egg sulfur smell if my windows are rolled down at all. This happens at any speed above 40 MPH if I am going up an incline.

Every Toyota dealership I have gone to (4 total) refuses to look at my catalytic converter and just says that the gas I buy is "bad". Problem is I buy gas in NH, NY, VT, and MA and it doesn't change. Sometimes the smell is so bad I get dizzy and start to have headaches! Toyota refuses to help and insists it is where I buy my gas!

I am the only person out of 6 Toyota owners that I know (including my wife!) who has this problem. I hate to think that Toyota just doesn't want to eat the cost of replacing the catalytic converter since it is under warranty until 80,000 miles but when they refuse to even look at it, I start to wonder.

- , Guilderland, NY, USA