7.5

2. replaced handle (2 reports)
2000 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Camry:

2000 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Nov 142006

Camry LE V4

The handles do seem like they are cheep made. After replacing it, and 5yrs down the road the replacement is holding up well.

- , Winfield, AL, USA

Oct 032011

Camry LS 4

First the outside hand snapped off while I was trying to open the door in the rain. About 3 months later the inside door hand broke off because I was having to open door by reaching in from back seat or passenger side. I have own at least 2 Camry's and love the car put very poor workmanship .

- , rex, ga, USA

Jan 062010

Camry LS 2.0L V4

The handle broke in a 25 degree F. weather. I have to use the back door to open the front door.

- , Somerville, NJ, USA

Dec 072009

Camry V6

click to see larger images

exterior plastic door handle breaks off exterior plastic door handle breaks off

I have a 2000 Toyota Camry. Today the plastic part on the handle of the outside drivers side door snapped off when I was trying to open my door. When it snapped off I sliced my finger on the metal under the plastic. I have had problems over the years of trying to open the drivers side car door and it didn't open immediately but today it just snapped off completely. I have read other complaints about this happening and it seems like it happens more when it is cold outside. This is an annoying problem!

- , Columbia, MD, USA