8.0

2000 Toyota Camry electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Camry:

2000 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Dec 042004

Camry LE

i was visiting my girlfriend, and used my remote control to lock the doors, clicking the lock button twice. When i went to leave, i unlocked the door, got in, turned the ignition on, but when I tried to take it out of park, and put it in reverse, the shifter would not move... the side button to release the shifter would not work, and i could not take the car out of PARK. tied to force the button in,. but would not move. Eventually, I was able to get the button in , and put the car in DRIVE to get home. But when i got home, I could barely get the shifter to go into PARK... and my brake lights dont work either. ANY SUGGESTIONS ????

- , Oxnard, CA, USA