2000 Toyota Camry fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Camry:

2000 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 202008

Camry 4 cyl

click to see larger images

sudden acceleration

I find it terribly interesting that now TWO Camrys I've had (first one 2000), second one last week (2003) got totaled. WHY? Oh, because of sudden acceleration. I'm so freggin' angry I don't know what else to do but post warnings to others. Both cars were total losses. First Camry (2000) was driving down highway and suddenly car went berserk. (Try explaining that to the cops who charged me w/ "Failure to maintain control of vehicle"). Car flipped over in middle of highway. See attached photo of damage. Second Camry (2003), was backing into a parking space and car went berserk knocking a Ford Explorer SUV right out of its parking space. Jerked neck badly. Just sat there feeling insane, like I didn't know how to back up. Gawkers everywhere. Now I get on here and see it's a Camry issue with some years. Peeved beyond words. Burden of proof so my insurance doesn't skyrocket?

- , Fairfax, VA, USA