2001 Toyota Camry fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Camry:

2001 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 072004

Camry LE

I have tried to get this problem along with a host of other problems fixed for years. I am spending at least 2000.00 per year to keep this car up. The problem with the brakes started when I got the car. All of the recalls on the 2001 Camry are problems that I have had. I never received notification from Toyota about any of these recalls. I recently contacted them about the new recalls and was told that their is nothing wrong with the 2001 Camry's. Not only does the accelerator stick but when you start the car it idles really high I have to let it sit there and idle down before I drive off because if I don't it accelerates to fast. I have had to become a driver that has to keep one foot on the brakes at all time.

- , Bainbridge, GA, USA

Dec 012005

my gas pedal sticks especially when at a red light .when it turns green i press down and the pedal wont move i have cars beeping behind me and then it unsticks and shoots forward. i have mentioned it to mechanics and they think im crazy. it even accelerated once. when the recalls started i called my dealer and he said the recall did not pertain to 2001 toyotas. i even had my daughter drive my car and she tried it for me and said the same thing.

- , New Hyde Park, NY, USA