2. change a/c filter and a/c relay switch (1 reports)
2002 Toyota Camry AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Camry:

2002 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 192008

Camry 2.4L L4

My a/c started flashing and the cool air flow stopped. This continued all day, so I checked my freon level, it was full while the compressor was not "kicking" in. I checked my fuses and everything seemed fine. I took it to a mechanic shop and they checked the a/c system. Turns out that the a/c magnetic relay switch was the part not working. The mechanic checked for recalls and it turns out 2001-2004 Toyota Echos, Camry's and one other car had bulletins posted about the recalls. I finally get the part put in and decided since the part was a recall, my dealership should reimburse me for it. I go to Lynch/Scion/Toyota dealership and they tell me they can't help because they never received the bulletin. I have never been so ticked with these macho know-it-alls in my life. I know that companies need to profit but my gosh whatever happened to chivalry. I'm having the mechanic shop I went to first print out the recall charge and maybe bring a male friend with me to get my reimbursement. I am so sick of dealerships taking advantage of sweet young female that try to take care of their cars.

- , Auburn, AL, USA

Mar 262007

Camry EXL 4 cyl

the a/c just stopped working; the light on the dash just started blinking; so on the first hot day of the year in Chicago, I had no "air." Bummer!

- , Wheaton, IL, USA

Nov 032006

I have 51,000 miles on my 2002 Camry and my AC stopped working. The indicator light on the AC knob is blinking.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jan 062006

Camry LE

Now the A/C has gone out. Don't see any recalls yet for this problem. Live in houston and will melt w/o A/C.

- , Spring, TX, USA