4.0

2002 Toyota Camry AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Camry:

2002 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 272010

Camry SE V6

Well, I have a 2002 Toyota Camry SE V6. Recently my A/C was not working and found that the condenser should be replaced and I did replaced it.

But later on my car started to make a squealing noise.

When I start the engine cold, first thing in the morning, with the A/C 'on', I hear a squeal for about 10-20 seconds, then it goes away. It does not happen if I stop and; start the car throughout the day, it must be idle for a few hours at least for the squeal to occur. Only happens during start-up, not during driving. What could be the cause??

Couple of websites shows that I have to replace the A/C clutch.

Please someone advise me and wanted to know how much it costs. I do have plans to check with service station, but lately I was totally occupied with work.

Thank you very much for reading my post and replying.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA