Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2003 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Camry:

2003 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 312015

Opened the sun roof while driving in the city, a loud horrific noise occurred above my head unexpectantly, it cause me to swerve. I pulled over to the side of the road, as I initially thought something had hit my car, and no that the sun roof had decided to fail. The sun roof broke off in part, leaving the right side dipped into the frame rail. When I tried to just close it to get back on track, then you could hear the motor or mechanics of the sunroof churning. The sunroof was able to be closed complete enough not to get rained on but that is all. Having spoke to a few dealerships/shops over the phone. I am being quoted anywhere from $2000 to $4000 to fix --- this is an expensive problem and the problem is with the mechanics of the sun roof. I seldom open my roof here in rainy seattle. Now, it's guaranteed not to open ever again, as I will opt to have the sun roof sealed and disconnect the mechanics to open it. All this on top of air bag issue. The air bag on the passenger front right side is separating from the dashboard console, I called burien Toyota in the seattle area, the receptionist for service looked up my VIN and told me my VIN is not on the list of affected airbags. I assured her whether or not my VIN is on the list --- there is an airbag issue with the unit. My goodness must another person die behind these faulty airbags.

- Seattle, WA, USA