Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2003 Toyota Camry seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Camry:

2003 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 022016

Camry LE V6

On 3/2/2016, I had an accident with injuries and extensive damage. My brakes failed and my car went into a sudden unexplained acceleration. I lost control. I hit a green utility box on the ground and a stationary car very hard with the left front side of my car. It damaged my left headlight and bumper. I hit the other car on the left rear driver's side that knocked the rear tire off on the opposite right side of the car. My air bag(s) did not deploy. I'm worried that the air bag(s) may be halfway deployed and will come all the way out later.

- , Sherwood, AR, USA