- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 10 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 14 days ago
- August 10: Study: 10,000 Lives Could Be Saved For $600 Per Car news | 18 days ago
- August 6: Toyota Prius Plug-In Mileage Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 22 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 40 days ago
Defective Throttle Body
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2005 Camry. It is almost certainly inaccurate.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2005 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that the Camry had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2005 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 57,516 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace throttle body (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)