- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 5 days ago
- June 28: Toyota Recalls Prius, Prius Plug-In Hybrid and Lexus CT 200h recalls | 26 days ago
- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 32 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 34 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
Rear Speaker Cover/Grill Rapidly Deteriorates Under Uv Light
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2006 Camry our "Seal of Awesome" when the NHTSA data shows engine problems in the triple digits & multiple deaths/injuries/crashes etc?
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2006 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that the Camry had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
In other words, it's our opinion that the 2 deaths & other injuries/fires/crashes reported to the NHTSA are significant, but (unfortunately) not out of the ordinary for any vehicle, once you factor in the effects of the extended national media coverage of Camry unintended acceleration issues.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2006 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 74,186 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Toyota should fix this at no cost (4 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace speaker covers (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem