2010 Toyota Camry wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Sep 162016

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry equipped with federal super steel tires. While driving approximately 55 mph, the front passenger side tire fell apart, the fender loosened, and all the sensor wires disconnected from underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a mechanic who diagnosed that the tire was defective. The tire size was unknown. The approximate tire and vehicle failure mileage was 90,000.

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

May 212011

Vehicle purchased new from dealer on 3/8/10. On 5/21/11, at routine service at dealership where car was purchased new, tires showed abnormal wear at 14,836, 14 months after purchase of vehicle. On 7/7/12, at routine service, tires showed substantial wear at 26,533. On 9/8/12, purchased new Goodyear tires at dealership at 29,437 miles. On 11/19/12, at routine service at dealership, tires showed slight wear on outside at 32,017. On 12/16/13, at routine service at dealership, tires showed abnormal wear and cupping on inside at 42,632 miles, recommended alignment. Alignment completed on 12/26/13 at 42,990 miles by another tire shop. On 5/22/14, at routine service at dealership, tires showed abnormal wear at 48,081. On 11/24/14, at routine service at dealership, recommended alignment and tires at 52,848 miles.

- Larned, KS, USA

Feb 152010

Camry 4-cyl

I bought a brand new 2010 Camry le (4 cylinder), and it has already been through the set of factory-installed tires, another set of four Michelin tires, a third set of four, and 2 more tires as of 10/27/2013, although the vehicle only now has approximately 74,000 miles on it. The tires curiously go uniformly bald on the front in less than 1/3rd of the life of the tire. Each company from which I have purchased new Michelin or bfgoodrich tires for this Camry said this is highly unusual. They stated that the tires should not ordinarily be uniformly bald or be worn out so quickly. They have also stated that the vehicle must have come out of the factory aligned this way, since the first pair was useless after so few miles and the new tires are wearing out so quickly. Moreover, there are electrical problems with the ac system controls and the sensor on the driver's side power window. The ac mysteriously turns its recycled air switch from recycled to vent (without being pressed to make the switch) while driving. Also, the driver's side power window will go nearly all the way up (when pressed), but it stops short of the top and then rolls itself back down. The service manager at robbin's Toyota said his mechanics could not get these problems to re-occur when driven, and therefore, he could not and would not fix the two issues, although the vehicle was under warranty at the time. Finally, I cannot remove the oil filter canister for a home-oil change. I've used the oem filter cap wrench, but I am unable to get the canister housing to turn, which makes it impossible to change the oil filter at home. This was the first Toyota I've owned, and it will be the last.

- Texarkana, TX, USA

Jan 122012

In late 2009, I purchased a new 2010 Camry hybrid. The vehicle came with Bridgestone turanza tires. I have just had to replace these tires after 2.5 years and only 19,700 miles. The front tires were 4/32 and right at the wear mark, the rear at 6/32. The worn tire treads became evident with the first Chicago snow. At 10 miles per hour, I was sliding as I drove home and, at one point, had to skid into a curb in order to stop the vehicle so as not to slide into oncoming traffic in a crowded intersection. Fortunately, there was no accident and no damage to my vehicle or other property. I contacted the dealer (from whom I purchased the car) to complain. He told me the tires were guaranteed for five years but had no estimated mileage, which is hard to believe. I also contacted another Toyota dealer and was told that these tires last no more than 25,000 miles. I spoke with a Bridgestone dealer and was told 40,000 miles. I have changed the oil on my car regularly and also had my tires rotated every six months (my car has very low mileage to date). It is evident that Bridgestone turanza tires do not meet even the minimum endurance requirements.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 052011

Camry 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Toyota Camry. When I reached 70 mph while driving my steering wheel would vibrate very badly. When I took my car in for an oil change and tire rotation, I was told that the vibration is coming from the tires and that the steel mesh was coming through my two front tires and that if I didn't get new tires immediately it was a safety hazard and I could experience a blowout in the very near future. I ended up getting 2 new tires, and my 2 back tires will also need to be replaced soon as they were showing signs of the same problem.

- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA

Aug 242010

2010 Toyota Camry right front tire was completely worn down to the mesh, left front tire was still full of tread, advised Toyota of issue, they refused to replace. Local tire company stated this should not have occurred.

- Londonderry, NH, USA

May 072010

I have a 2010 Camry le which I purchased three weeks ago. The car has Bridgestone turanza el 400-02 tires, which had 689 miles on them. The rear driver side tire failed at 60 mph when the tread split. After reading all the similar complaints by other Toyota car owners, I believe these tires are dangerous. After a very ugly discussion with the dealership, the one tire was replaced, but Toyota would not replace the remaining three.

- Arlington, TX, USA