2011 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Camry:

2011 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 062012

Camry 4-cyl

This has happened several times in virtually identical scenarios but the most recent was as follows: I was driving in moderately heavy traffic on a three lane divided street with traffic signals. Traffic was fluctuating between "stop & go" and approximately 30 mph. After a traffic light turned green, I began accelerating at a relatively rapid pace when a vehicle cut directly in front of me and braked. I immediately stepped on the brake but felt a tremendous amount of resistance from the pedal and the car was barely able to stop in time to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me. I noticed that as I was attempting to brake, the engine was still revving at a high rate from the acceleration attempt. It seems that there is some type of problem with the braking system whereby if the engine is revving the brake will fail even if the accelerator pedal is no longer being pressed. A very important detail is that each time this has happened it has been within the first few seconds of a quick acceleration from a complete stop or a crawl. I have never had this problem when trying to stop from a normal speed.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 052012

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that as the brake pedal was depressed, the contact heard an abnormal noise coming from the rear tires. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the rear driver's side brake pad had detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and stated that the vehicle would not be repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Eveleth, MN, USA

Jul 112012

Camry 4-cyl

I went in to do the last free oil change I had with Toyota and they came in and tell me they can't let me drive my car it is not safe as one brake pad is totally worn and the other isn't and shows normal wear and tear so I ask how that happens and they say the brake was stuck and pad wore out because I driving around with a brake on the left side of my car which was stuck down all the time which is why it wore at the time I brought it in it was not stuck this was my back brakes. One morning on the way to work I had to quickly go into the lane next to where I was driving because a woman who was on the phone came into the lane I was in I tried to slow down my car not to hit the person in front of me and the car was pulling toward the left which was the brake that was not working I was lucky I got control of car no accident. After being told I had a stuck brake what happened that morning made more sense to me. Toyota feels this is normal one brake pad totally worn the other showing normal wear a stuck brake that is not normal. That is a defect in that brake. I have written and email Toyota spoken to someone in dealership they say this is normal. I was lucky it was only one brake that stuck. Toyota has to take ownership of the problem before someone gets hurt.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Jul 182012

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken for a routine oil change when the mechanic advised that the brakes were defective. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 23,706 and the current mileage 24,000.

- Nashua , TX, USA

Aug 172011

Camry 4-cyl

Every time I release or push acceleration more than 50 miles car gets pulse.(example : generator move forward and backward every time piston goes up and down) I fell like engine will drop. Reproduce steps : drive car at about 60 miles/hr on good road so you can feel pulse. Now we want keep speed 60 miles so we will press pedal to maintain speed now as soon as you will remove pedal you will feel pulse. Now, you removed pedal so speed going down so as soon as you trying to maintain speed you will fell pulse again. Reproduce rate about 85%. I am having this problem since August 2011. I had put my car at Toyota dealer more than 5 times and they admit that they are not feeling this pulse. Than I put case to ncds for review. But Toyota reset my computer right before inspection so ncds person didn't test drive and refuse my case. At time of case, one technician from Chicago admit this problem in some different direction like this pulse is normal(which is very scary). Its depend on where you driving (its easy to reproduce in hwy, I also feel in city to but they told me that its changing gear so it's normal) its depend on driver( I told him to drive and fix this issue if I am not good driver). Now this is very simple answer for Toyota to give you customer and reject case. Once they reset computer of my car they told me to wait till car computer learn driver pattern. I wait 2month, 1500 miles. I also ask them that how long " how many miles " but they told me that it's depend on driver. They also told me that if anything wring we will happy to help if anything wrong in engine/transmission. I also decide to go court but if they are going to inspect my car again then they will admit that nothing happened. So, please help me for this problem I spend 24000 dollar. I deserver better answer than this above crazy answer.

- West Allis, WI, USA

Apr 242012

The contact owns 2011 Toyota Camry. The contact was driving uphill at 20 mph and applied the brakes, but the brakes did not respond. The contact crashed into a fence as a result. There were no injuries and the vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The contact stated that frequently, he would have to depress the brakes abruptly and with two feet before the vehicle would respond. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but the dealer was unable to determine a failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 2,000 and the current mileage was 5,000

- San Pedro , CA, USA