2011 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Camry:

2011 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 012016

The visor of the vehicle has been dropping and now causing a safety hazard for me driving during the day and mostly at night as it hides half of my field of visibility when driving. I've called the dealership and Toyota headquarters and everyone keeps stating the VIN number falls out of the range for the extended warranty even though this link here says differently: it says that there is an extended warranty for 7 years despite mileage for this dropping visor. It is affecting my driving on the road and being able to see because of their defect in visors for this car. I've tried taping it, pushing it back, forward, everything and nothing works. This visor defect has caused me anxiety while driving due to the lack of confidence in visibility not in my own self but in this Toyota vehicle. I am simply requesting them to change the visor for me and help me resolve this to help eliminate this safety hazard but it seems they do not care about Y safety or others on the road.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Sep 012016

The sun visor on the driver side could not stay up and was eventually broken off completely which creates safety issue when the driver is facing the sun. Toyota previously offered extended warranty for Camry from 2007-2011 but my 2011 was not within the VIN range covered under extended warranty.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 302016

Driver's sun visor falls down.

- Fincastle, VA, USA

Jul 152016

Dashboard is melting on my Camry 2011. Toyota has extended warantee on Camry 2011 affected vehicles to 2017. It refses to pya for mime vecause it says the this VIN is not covered. Who will pay for my melting dashboard.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Aug 172016

The right visor was already hanging, would not stow, but while driving today the driver side visor snapped and was hanging in front of my face to where I could not see the road. It happened while driving, which was bad enough, but then I ripped the thing off so I could see. This really should not be happening. There are so many of these incidents, and apparently my vehicle is not included on the current list. Unacceptable.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 212016

I have a very bad case of sticky dash board when I called Toyota I told that my VIN number was not one of the recalls. I was told that I can take it to the dealer for an inspection and that I will have to pay for it. I don't understand how just some of the cars that are of the same year, make and model are recalled but my is not. My dash board is melting and Toyota need to take responsibility to correct this. I went to the before my car was still under warranty and was to told that that was ok and in the pass year the dash board is worst and I am have trouble driving due to the shine that glare on the glass is difficult to see as your driving. This is a serious problem and you can get in to an accident. This is during the daytime or night..

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Jul 092016

Takata recall- Toyota has a recall on the 2007-2011 sun visors for the Toyota Camry however, they are refusing to pay for my sun visor because they say my VIN number is not included. When you are driving the sun visor just fall down unexpected on the fwy and on the main streets which is a safety hazard while driving. Toyota is refusing to replace the sun visor knowing that the 2011 have a problem. Toyota has place a recall on the sun visor which is posted on their website

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Aug 012016

My dashboard is melting and sticky. A Toyota internal memo to its dealers stares thay my model and year are coverer in an extended warrantee to replace the dash. When I called vtoyoto I was told my car VIN is excluded. I asked why my car with the same problem an same model and year is not covered. I got no ansewr. I was told that I could go to a dealer for an inspection of the problem but I would have to pay an inspection fee. I want the das replaced free of charge.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 022016

Drivers side visor wont stay up cant see the road clearly

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Driver side sun visor snapped while lifting from down position - car was stationary - then it was dangling in front of window - couldn't see - had to pull it off in order to see roadway - now have no way to block the sun while driving.

- Clinton, NC, USA

Jul 092016

The sun visor dropped and does not hold. It blocked the visibility and suddenly had to press the brake while driving in highway.

- Lorton, VA, USA

Sep 242011

The read-outs for both the sound system and climate control are almost impossible to read most of the time, especially in daylight. It is a distraction that once caused me to almost have an accident, after which I don't try reading them while driving.

- Middleton, WI, USA

Mar 012014

Melting dashboard. Shining and sticky

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Jun 222016

Driver-side sun visor will not stay up. Distracts driving view.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

May 012015

Hello. I have purchased two new Camry, in 2007 and 2011. In both of them the sunvisors have come down and will not go back up in position. I purchased a new sun visor for the 2007 Camry, when this happened, but now both of my sunvisors in my 2011 Camry are doing the same. I am told there is not a recall on the 2011, but there is one on the 2007. This is the same issue in both vehicles, is there anything you all will do about this?

- Royse City, TX, USA

Nov 012015

Drivers side sun visor rotates downward from the stored position & suddenly blocks the view of driver while operating the vehicle.

- Terrytown, LA, USA

Feb 272016

Car bought used with 40,000miles. I was driving 65+on 87N by exit 2 there was no accident; car towed. The vehicle failed;the clutch, flywheel, compressor, barring & axle were original and have now been replaced/repaired.about 72,500 miles on the car. Has this happened to other Toyota Camry 2011 cars?we returned home safe and sound. Blessed.

- Pittsfield, MA, USA

Jul 012015

During the first half of 2015 my driver's side sun visor would not stay all the way and was about 15% of the way down. While this was in my line-of-sight it really did not impede my vision or ability to drive. Mid-2015 the visor no longer was able to hold itself up and was fully down at all times completely impeded my ability to see the road as I am a taller driver. I had to remove it completely in order to drive the vehicle. There is an existing warranty but does not apply to my particular VIN. In fact there are only two 2011 Camry that would be covered under wmi code 4T4. I know I purchased one of the first 2011 Camry as I purchased in may of 2010 (well ahead of the normal release cycle) when Toyota went through their big (brake pedal / floor mat) recall. I only found out recently that there was a warranty available for at least a certain population of 2011 Camry. I have also found out that it is very common for the 2011 Camry to have issue as many other owners have complained via different forums and have also confirmed that their particular VIN is not covered.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Dec 022015

Sun visor unexpectedly sagged down while driving on highway, and now permanently in the dropped down position. Quite a potential safety issue when 1/2 of your visibility suddenly gets blocked, and this issue seems quite commonly reported in online forum complaints.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Oct 012015

The visor on the passenger side suddenly started drooping while I was driving causing me not to be able to see. I had to remove. Toyota has a recall, but not for my car.

- Davie, FL, USA