2012 Toyota Camry wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Nov 052012

Ever since I got this car the tires have been not holding air in them and I had to do on several occasions put air in them so I could feel safe and all I get from Toyota is call this person because it is not are fault.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 082016

Aluminum tire rims bind to the steel brake disks they mount on making them impossible to get off if you have a flat tire. Manufacturer needs to include a lever or hammer or some way to prevent this. I had a flat on a busy freeway, the sticking tire made a dangerous moment a lot worse.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Dec 172015

Driving down berryhill road in columbia, SC 29210, I hit a pot hole damaging my rim. There was an on coming vehicle so there was no way possible to avoid the pot hole.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Apr 042015

I experienced a sudden unintended acceleration of my Camry as I was attempting to park the car on the third level of a parking garage. The car had been operating normally until I released my foot from the accelerator pedal to pull into the parking space. Suddenly the Camry started accelerating on its own. I applied the brakes, but the car did not slow down or stop. Since I did not want to crash into ongoing cars or go over the edge unto the street below, I chose to crash into the parking space. The car went over the abutment into the cinderblock wall. The airbags did not deploy. A gentleman tried to remove the car from the abutment but said the brakes were not working nor could he get the car to move. He was able to turn off the engine. Two hours later the tow truck operator could remove the car from its spot with the brakes working. The body shop confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the brakes or accelerator pedal. Corporate Toyota had an edr run. The manufacturer concluded: "after road testing your vehicle at various speeds, conducting acceleration and braking tests, we found no issues." Toyota did not address the fact that the problem could have been in the software program that malfunctions intermittently. I feel that the car is dangerous since it gives no warning of an acceleration problem; therefore, I donated the car to an institution with the stipulation that it could not be driven on public roads. The car was under warranty at the time of the accident. And when I bought my car, I also had purchased the platinum vehicle service agreement that had a 0 deductible and an expiration of 75,000 miles. I thought we had lemon laws in place for these types of problems. Ultimately I have had to assume the financial burden caused by what is really a Toyota problem.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Oct 082014

There is a noise in the front wheels or when brakes are applied from forward to reverse, it makes a clicking sound that can be heard inside the vehicle when applying the brakes. Dealer has checked it or listened to the noise and says it is normal. It is still worried some as to what will happen in a emergency.

- Great Bend, KS, USA

Sep 242014

Camry 4-cyl

On 9/24/14, while traveling home from a neighborhood park, I was hit by a truck on the driver side. I was going down a slight hill and was going to turn right at the intersection. I'm not sure exactly what happened prior to impact but my turn signal was on, I was going to turn right and I was breaking. Suddenly, I heard this loud crash, when I looked to my left, I saw my driver's side mirror being pushed into my door, then I saw the truck. My car did not stop. I was going apprx 15 to 25 miles per hour maybe, and again I was traveling slightly downhill and would have been making a turn. I think my car was continuing to move forward in the seconds before impact. Once I was hit, my car continued to move, seemingly faster. At that point I was very much aware that my car was not stopping and the breaks were not working. Amazingly, I was able to navigate the corner (without being hit by anyone coming from the opposite direction) and turn the car into a parking lot (with no control of the breaks). In front of me in the parking lot, which is not a big lot, my car continued heading in the direction of a building there. I could not stop the car and was forced to put it into park, hoping that would stop the car. It did. However, the airbags did not deploy. The police were called, a ticket was issued to me stating that I drove without due care and caution. My insurance and Toyota hotline have been contacted. The process is just beginning and I will not know the full extent of the damages until the "black box" is inspected. This has been very upsetting and could have resulted in a much more serious outcome. I thought Toyota's acceleration problems had been dealt with.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Aug 252013

Camry 4-cyl

While on freeway driver side tire burst all of sudden without any apparent reason. I was in the second lane from right and could safely took car on the shoulder. Called Toyota road side assistance and towed the car to nearby dealership. They assessed damage to alloy wheel, tire sensor and ascender liner along with tire. For any warranty issued asked me to contact Toyota customer service. Toyota customer service directed to bridgetone tires saying its not their responsibility.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Nov 182012

Camry 4-cyl

My 2012 Camry SE has recently began to have tire pressure warnings. I took the vehicle to the dealer where I purchased it and was assured that it was only the change in temperature that was causing the warning light to come on. The dealer adjusted the tire pressures and released the vehicle. The next day the problem returned indicating that a different tire was the cause (a different icon on the display). I returned to the dealer and was again insured that it was only the change in temperature that was causing the warning light to come on. This time the dealer adjusted the tire pressures over the recommended pressures to try to compensate for the temperature changes, being in southern California I felt this was not a very valid assessment but left it to the dealer to adjust the tire pressures again. One week went by and again the warning light was on and again a third icon was illuminated and the warning light was on. I returned to the dealer and they took the car into the service bay. The tech told me that indeed one tire was low and that he had removed the tire, checked it completely by dunking it in a water tank but could not find any air leaking. The dealer adjusted the tire pressure for the third time and increased the air pressure even more than the last time. So after three trips to the dealer they insured me that nothing was wrong with the sensing system, the temperature change must be causing the warning light, one tire was leak tested with no leak results and I was sent home again with the tires inflated 3 to 4 psi over the recommended manufacturers setting. I was told that if it happened again to bring it back and they would need the car for the day to try to figure out what the issue is with the vehicle. I drive around worried about getting a flat or a tire or wheel failing while I'm driving. The tires are Michelin primacy mxv4 P215-55-R17 on alloy rims.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Sep 032012

Camry 6-cyl

I have been experiencing a knock/tap/clunk sound coming from the roof in my 2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 from the rear end of the car. Its got 11600 miles on it and I started noticing the sound around the time I took it in for the 10000 mile service. I hear the sound every time I drive up or down an incline at an angle.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Jun 042012

Camry 4-cyl

Car shakes very aggressively on freeway with grooves. It is major security concern as car doesn't fell safe at all. Being a family car, we are not comfortable using this car anymore. Toyota is not willing to look into this and told us this is normal for the car. I have driven 7 different cars of different make and models and none of them behave in this manner on freeway.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA