2014 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 232016

After ap. 45 minutes of highway driving, driver's seat warmer (previously off) turned on and went to high. The only way to stop it was to turn car off and restart a bit later. On the way home, same thing happened to passenger seat. Car again was turned off and restarted, but then driver's seat warmed up (but not to high this time). This on an 80 degree day. Dealer does not know how to fix this.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Mar 042014

NHTSA recall # 14V024 indicates an open recall on this vehicle issued Jan. 29, 2014 stating this repair should have been completed while in dealer inventory prior to retail delivery. I did not take delivery until March, 2014, and this repair was not completed prior to delivery. The recall further states customer owned vehicles are not covered by this action. Since this repair should have been completed prior to my taking delivery, do I have any recourse with this dealer to have the repair completed?

- Sun City West, AZ, USA

Apr 012014

2014 Toyota Camry. Consumer writes in regards to faulty fire retardant seats. The consumer would like to see a recall issued, for the vehicles already sold.

- Burke, VA, USA

Dec 092013

Camry 4-cyl

I bought this car from Suburban Toyota. Within a month I started getting severe neck pain. I went to the dealer and complained about it. Dealer checked and suggested everything is alright with the seats. Feb 28th - I waited for another month or so and went for first service around 4,700 miles...again I told the dealer that I can't drive any longer and the issue with the "head rest" need to be fixed. Dealer told me that they cannot do anything as they do not see mechanical issue with the seat. Feb 28th - as my grievances were not addressed, I called Toyota customer support (800) 331-4331 and discussed the issue. The customer support representative registered a complaint but told me that they have not heard any issues related to seat or head rest for Camry 2014 model cars. My neck pain is increasing as I drive this car. I suspect that there must be design flaw with this model year Camry. I sincerely request you to look into this issue as it would lead to physical disability over a period.

- Troy, MI, USA

Jan 302014

Camry 6-cyl

With the announcement of seat fabric not meeting flammable standards on 2014 Toyota's with heated seats and ordering their dealers to stop selling affected vehicles until they get new seat fabric, I do not feel safe using my heated seats. If Toyota can not or will not sell any more vehicles until this issue has been fixed, for the safety and peace of mind of all current owners, this issue must also be addressed, recalled and fixed immediately. I have used this feature daily during this cold winter and will no longer feel safe doing so until it has been fixed. The NHTSA must force a recall of existing vehicles before there is an injury or fire not after one occurs. The heated car seat is a seasonal use feature where the degradation of the material and possible resulting fire may not show up for several seasons. I, personally, have noticed that the heated seat at the high setting becomes very hot where I can feel that it is very uncomfortable through a heavy, winter coat. With the announcement today, I am concerned that this could be a sign of a serious problem. Please issue a recall to fix this potential, serious problem.

- Wheaton, IL, USA