2014 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Dec 202015

Camry

First, I don't own Toyota Camry, but every time I drive following behind it that brake lights (led) are so bright that hurts my eyes and makes my vision blotches for awhile. I believe this is unsafe. I hope our government can investigate this and see if those led used in Camry complies safety standard.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Aug 282014

Camry 4-cyl

First incident was it speeding up and going through garage door. In March, 2015 was incident with foot on brake that the car engine revved up and then surged forward into another car at a fast food drive in. Later that day coming off the interstate, it surged forward when foot on brake, slowing for stop sign at end of exit ramp. Car surged forward and I went through the stop sign and barely missed hitting 2 cars.

- Salina, KS, USA

Feb 062015

Camry 4-cyl

My car was T-bone in an intersection, other driver ran a red light, there was extensive damage to the front of the car and passenger side of car, the SRS airbags did not deploy and I sustained injury.(classic whip flash) this model car isn't safe, I could have been killed, the SRS airbags should have deployed according to the owners manual. Toyota representative was of no help at all !!!!!

- Dexter, NY, USA

Jan 092015

Camry 6-cyl

Camry had an unintended acceleration in a school parking lot. My wife was parking at the santa clara adult education center on benton ave, santa clara, ca. She was driving in the parking lot and made a right turn into the parking stall. As she approached the concrete stop at the end of the stall, her car went full throttle and started going forward. My wife stepped on the brakes but the car still continued going forward. It went over the concrete stop, went another 6 feet pass the stop, and went over another concrete strip. The 2 concrete stops helped slow the car down, but stepping on the brakes did not help. The car stopped about 5 feet from a building so damage was just to the front bumper and splash guard under the engine. Toyota had the vehicle inspected but they couldn't find anything wrong with the car so is not taking responsibility. Since this occurred at a school, I was able to obtain videos of the car from the school. It shows the car entering the parking lot from the street, going through the parking lot, and turning into the parking stall. The video shows the brake lights on going into the parking stall, but there is no footage of the car while it was going over the concrete stops. I'm hoping NHTSA investigates the 2014 Camry as there were others on this site with the same problem. Just because Toyota can't find the cause doesn't mean there is no problem with the car. Anyone who has taken a car in to a mechanic who can't find the problem would realize this.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Jul 182014

Camry

Approaching stop sign, applied brake and engine accelerated and lunged forward. Put car in neutral and engine slowed down. With foot still on brake put car back into drive and it accelerated again and lunged forward and hit a truck. This had happened on numerous occasions and we even took car back to dealer to have it checked out and were told nothing was wrong. The first time it happened was a week after we bought the car. I told the salesman about it and he said it was a "safety feature" and there was a sensor in the front of the car and if you got too close to another vehicle, it would make the car stop.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 262014

Camry

After 3 days I finally got around to looking for the trunk lock - I.e. the key lock feature that disables the trunk release next to the driver. Only there isn't one! how could this be? my recently traded 2003 Honda and older Honda's I've owned all had this feature - I assumed Toyota did too - a detail that didn't loom large when initially reviewing the car because I assumed it had one. So after research and much to my dismay (I returned a perfect 2014 rav4 because I felt "exposed" with items in the interior luggage area) I now find this vehicle also "exposes" me to potential loss because I cannot secure my personal items. I am not the first to comment to this flaw and Toyota certainly has had time to correct the issue (2 yrs) but apparently decided not to. Toyota should correct this flaw as soon as possible - the best selling car in America can be a thief's best too.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 082014

Camry

New car purchase. 40 year buyer of Toyota Camry vehicles. Apparently Toyota discontinued a key trunk locking feature included in all previous years and models of Toyota. They provide a "valet key" which keeps valets out of the glove box but not out of the trunk as was the case with all previous valet keys provided with my previous 3 Camry's and 2 corollas. Toyota dealer advise me that I could get a key locking trunk on the avalon a much more expensive vehicle. He also suggested I could get another manufacturers car. Honda has key locking trunks. Contact with Toyota corporation of America resulted in a suggestion that I not store valuable in the trunk or to remove all valuables from the trunk while traveling. Since the trunk release can be triggered by anyone sitting in the driver seat, the trunk can fly open while the vehicle in motion allowing the contents to be blown out of the trunk an into the path of following vehicles. This occurred once when I attempted to pick up a kerchief that fell to the floor while driving. The kerchief caught on the release ant the trunk popped open. Fortunately there was nothing in the trunk. The trunk did block my rear view until I could safely move to the shoulder of the road to close it. Toyota has admitted that the no key lock trunk was a design error and my concern would be forwarded to some department or other for inclusion in their future designs?

- Baton Rouge, , LA, USA