2014 Toyota Camry wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 212014

Camry

I filed several complaints about the tires bouncing and excessive vibration coming from the front end of the vehicle. I was told by the dealer that it was a tire problem, and that I should try 40 lbs. Of air instead of the recommended 35 lbs. I contacted a local Bridgestone dealer and was told not to exceed the recommended pressure. The Toyota dealer acknowledged there were a lot of similar complaints and that it was the fault of the tires, . I have 12,000 miles on the car and the front tires are worn out and Toyota is refusing to de anything. I believe the problem is caused by the ball joints or front end suspension, but can't get anywhere with Toyota. If it's an ongoing tire problem as the dealer says why hasn't it been addressed. If it is a manufacturing defect why hasn't it been addressed. At 50 miles an hour the tires start to bounce and shimmy and the vibration can be felt in the steering wheel. The car feels unsafe at highway speeds.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Jun 222015

Camry

I purchased a 2014 Toyota Camry SE in November 2014. I was driving on the Florida turnpike going about 60 miles per hour and the back left tire blowout. The side of my car is damaged and the lower panel below the doors also the front bumper. I contacted Toyota and I was told that the tire is not covered by them even and the car is fully covered (wow). The manager at Toyota told me to contact the tire dealer and discuss the problem. This is my 6 Toyota since 1984 and really thought Toyota was a great company. Toyota motor sales U.S.a, Inc. Dept. Wc 11 19001 S. western ave. Torrance, ca 905501 800-331-4331 Toyota should be responsible to repaired my car in total . I called the tire manufacture (Bridgestone retail operations, llc - 800 847 3272) and told them of the situation. The representative took all the details and provided me with a case number (727790) and told me to provide them with 2 written estimates and ship the damaged tire to them. After a week, I shipped the damaged tire and the written estimates to Bridgestone. After about a week, I received a letter in the mail stated that my claim has been deny, due to low air in the tire. This is not true because I had sufficient air in the tire and these tires are long lasting they told me. I went on the web site www.nitrofill.com/ and even if the tire has low air it should not have blowout. I contacted (1-877-246-3455) the nitro fill and they told me that Bridgestone is a "joke". Toyota should be responsible for the repair of my vehicle because they are the one who selected Bridgestone for tire service. I really need your help on solving this problem because the car is new and fully under warranty. I really don't know what to do at this point so I am counting on your help... thanks

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jun 222015

Camry

I purchased a 2014 Toyota Camry SE in November 2014. I was driving on the Florida turnpike going about 60 miles per hour and the back left tire blowout. The side of my car is damaged and the lower panel below the doors also the front bumper. I contacted Toyota and I was told that the tire is not covered by them even and only the car (wow). The manager at Toyota told me to contact the tire dealer and discus the problem. I called the tire manufacture (Bridgestone retail operations, llc - 800 847 3272) and told them of the situation. The representative took all the details and provided me with a case number (727790) and told me to provide them with 2 written estimates and ship the damaged tire to them. After a week, I shipped the damaged tire and the written estimate Bridgestone. After about a week, I received a letter in the mail stated that my claim has been deny, due to low air in the tire. This is not true because had sufficient air in the tire and these tires are I went on the web site www.nitrofill.com/ and even if the tire has low air it should not have blowout. I contacted (1-877-246-3455) the nitro fill and they told me that Bridgestone is a "joke". I really need your help on solving this problem because the car is new and fully under warrantee. I really don't know what to do at this point so I am counting on your help... thanks the contact person at Bridgestone is: Donielle stephens: Bridgestone americas, Inc. 10 E. Firestone blvd. Akron, Ohio 44317-001 eml. Stephensdonielle@bfusa.com case#: 727790 ______________________________________ Bridgestone americas tire operations, llc 201 Bridgestone pkwy suite B - dock door 132 lebonon, tn 37090 dept. Legal department

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

May 012014

Camry

Recently purchased, 2014 SE V6 Camry with 60miles on it, only 5 weeks old now, I didn't notice the problem until I was on the freeway going about 65+ the first day I bought it, car will not come back to center when turning left or right, I can let go of the steering wheel and it will continue to turn. Feels like im driving on a very rainy/windy day, very flimsy. I would have to constantly correct the car to go straight, brought it in to Toyota dealer four times now, had 2 alignments done by Toyota, still no help, all they keep telling me is, "thats how the car is designed", after that they tried to tell me it was defective tires, which was not true, I swapped out the tires, still didn't help. So you are telling me a car that does not return to center is normal"? I've seen many complaints about this problem online, shouldn't there be a recall?" very very bad performance, I will not let my mother drive this car anymore because of the safety issues, very dangerous car to drive on the freeway.

- San Jose, CA, USA