2015 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Camry

I'd like to file a complaint with my 2015 Toyota Camry xle. I don't feel like the shifter is very safe in this model. I had a nerve racking incident the other day while my kids and their cousins were in the car. I was parallel parking on an incline. I tried to put the car into drive and my car rolled back. I thought, wow, this must be quite an incline. I checked to make sure I was in gear, but nothing was visible on my gear shift or on the dash digitally. I put one foot on the break and one on the gas to ease into what was hopefully still drive, and the car rolled back after I took my foot off of the break. I paused for a little bit, getting really nervous because now I am so close to the car behind me. I told the boys that something is wrong with my car and it won't go into gear. I tried to 'gun it' and my car rolled back or reversed and hit the bumper of the car behind me. I put the car in park and E-brake, and asked the 11 year old to check which gear the car was in, if he could differentiate the color indicator and he said no. But wait, if you cup your hand around it, he could see the 'P' for park. In experimenting now, if the sun is really glaring, you can't see the indicators of the gear, the car dash digitally only shows the gears for about a second, which would be helpful to keep in view on the dash when in any other gear than drive. I was pretty sure I was in drive that day, yet the engine sounded like it was in neutral. I feel like I don't trust driving in my car any more as I was pretty shaken up and frustrated. Needless to say, there is a nail hole in my rear bumper from the ladies front license plate I hit. Fortunately she was really nice and did not press charges. I'm also fortunate that no one was injured.

- Martinez, CA, USA