2015 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Dec 302016

Camry

1st incident: Car in motion driving straight uphill on 2 lane country road at 30 mph - car kept lurching forward - lasted a couple of minutes. 2nd incident: Car stopped at stoplight. Stepped on accelerator pedal to move straight ahead and car didn't move. Stepped harder on accelerator and car suddenly lurched and sped up very fast. 3rd incident: Car in motion and turned onto dead end street. Car started to lurch forward at speed of about 20 mph while driving straight down street - lasted a few seconds. 4th incident: Car in motion on route 17west in NY state (3 lane highway with very busy holiday traffic) - driving straight at approximately 65 - 70 mph - in left hand passing lane. Car started to lurch very hard and then lose power - almost had accident trying to move over 2 lanes to shoulder. Car kept lurching forward very hard and then slowing down practically to a stand still - did this for approximately 15 minutes until we could get it off exit and into a gas station. Car was then towed to a Toyota dealership - they couldn't find any problems. Car is now sitting in our driveway and we will not drive it any further! innocent people could get killed because of this car. We have now reported this problem to 3 different Toyota dealerships and they cannot determine the problem after inspecting the car.

- Geneva, NY, USA

Oct 262016

Camry

After my 25,000 mile maintenance check I began noticing a foul odor upon entering the car. Oddly enough, this odor is most pronounced when the car has been sitting for a few hours. While the car is running and the fans are blowing, the smell reduces in strength. However, anytime the car is off, the cabin fills once again with this horrible foul odor. To describe the smell I would say that it's similar to a gym locker room mixed with garbage. This is extremely disappointing as my car is under 2 years old and it is solely used for commuting. Food is not consumed in this vehicle and only water is drank. The fact that the smell disappears when driving with the fans on leads me to believe that there is not a dead animal present in the chassis. This seems like a mechanical issue.

- Dartmouth, MA, USA

Aug 162016

Camry

V6 engine stumbled upon accelleration in traffic. Was going less than 30 mph in heavy traffic, changed lanes to go faster but felt like engine had been turned off for 2 to 3 seconds, then it accellerated normally. Outside temp was in 80's, gas tank half full, no warning lights appeared. About 2 miles previous to this we were sitting idling in a construction zone with A/C on. No further episodes to date. Shortly after I bought the car I had a similar episode, but wasn't sure as it wasn't so noticible. Took car to dealer but no error codes present, will check farther this Friday when expert tech is there. Unknown which component caused this.

- Wataga, IL, USA

Dec 212015

Camry

Toyota Camry 2015 le on Dec 21,2015 I arrived at my job and put the car in parking the car accelerated itself and went forward and hit a tree with the impact of the tree it put itself in reverse and accelerated itself right into office building right behind me--I came out of the car and one of my co-workers told me to turn of the engine.

- Antioch, CA, USA