2015 Toyota Camry seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 212016

Camry

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving over a curb at 5 mph, the vehicle spun out of control as the brakes not working warning message displayed. In addition, contact stated that the vehicle attempted to park itself independently and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a fractured thumb and bruises and the front seat passenger sustained body bruising that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Dec 212015

Camry

Toyota Camry 2015 le on Dec 21,2015 I arrived at my job and put the car in parking the car accelerated itself and went forward and hit a tree with the impact of the tree it put itself in reverse and accelerated itself right into office building right behind me--I came out of the car and one of my co-workers told me to turn of the engine.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Oct 232015

Camry

I recently had an an "accident" in which the airbags deployed without hitting anything. All airbags, including side airbags deployeyed. I do not thinke their was a frontal collision, as no other vehicle was involved. This vehicle was a rental car from alamo.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Mar 082015

Camry 4-cyl

Traveling on sth 13 in Iowa. Dog ran in front of me and I could not avoid him. All 11 air bags deployed. Car was immobilized in the middle of the road blocking one lane and partially the second. Doors could not be opened and car could not be moved. We were near a MINImart and two gentlemen ran down and opened the drivers door from the outside. He then used his knife to puncture the air bag my side and cut it off so I could get out. We then went to the passenger side and opened the door for my wife. She was able to slide under the air bag once the door was opened. I then got back in the car and people who had stopped managed to push the car off the road. Air bags did not deflate even after several hours, contact with dog did minor damage to the car. Grill was loose and front bumper skin needed to be replaced. Air bag costs were over $20,000. Car was totaled by insurance company...my wife was hit in the face with an air bag causing a split lip and a damaged eye. We visited the emergency room and no further treatment was required...when the air bags deployed all vision from the car was blocked. Only the two front air bags deflated, all other air bags stayed inflated for hours. After the minor accident we were left sitting in the middle of a state highway unable to see anything and unable to get out. I would compare it to being blindfolded and left standing in the middle of a busy highway, we were terrified. I feel that the activation of the air bags in the case of minor collision is very dangerous, we have hit animals harder in the past and continued on with our journey. In addition the fact that the air bags did not deflate and left us unable to exit the car is an unacceptable hazard. If people had not been on the scene we could have been left in the middle of the road for hours, unable to see anything....updated 12/16/15

- Mesquite, NV, USA