2.8

2015 Toyota Camry steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Camry

During Aug 2016 I went to get some lunch and when I turned off the parking ramp the car was fine. Once I entered on to the fwy and approached the speed of 50 my steering wheel froze and would not turn either way. I could not slow down on the fwy for fear of being hit, so I just stayed in my lane and begin to exit coming to a complete stop in the middle of the street because I could not turn the wheel once I came to a stop I had help getting the car to my house and called aaa to tow the car to a repair shop by my job and found out the power steering unit just stopped. He said he had never seen that. I also had to replace the racknpenion. The light where you shift gears went out, so can't see at night what gear I'm in. Drive or reverse.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 242016

Camry

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Camry. While driving the vehicle, the steering wheel erroneously turned and caused the vehicle to become difficult to steer. The failure occurred at speeds less than 35 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Danville, CA, USA

Nov 092015

Camry

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Camry. While driving various speeds, the power steering failed and various lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a dearler where it was diagnosed that the ECU failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 7,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Millbrae, CA, USA

May 132015

Camry

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Camry. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V144000 (steering); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of the time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chillcothe, OH, USA