2004 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Corolla:

2004 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Dec 272014

Corolla S

The car had shut off while my 17 year old daughter was driving it. She was going about 30 miles per hour when the engine just quit. When I went to go get the car everything came on as if it was going to start up, (meaning the problem is not the battery), and the car would not crank over, no noise, the engine won't start. We left the car over night. The next morning, we went to go get it and the same thing, the engine won't crank over. We played around with fuses and after 20 minutes the car started.

What is wrong with the car; fuses, ignition switch, fuel pump? I contacted Toyota and they said, they can not diagnose if the car is running nor can they tell me if other problems such as this has occurred and what they thought could be the problem. They could care less that my 17 year old was driving, and give me some insight as to what the problem could of be. Now the car sits in my drive way, wasting parking space, but I'm sure if I wanted to buy another Toyota car they would sell it to me.

I see others have had the same problem, what did others do for this problem? Any ideas to the solution?

Update from Feb 28, 2016: SOLUTION: We got it was the ignition switch.

- , Portage, WI, USA